• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Best riding boots and misc.

Rtbluestreak

My BMW riding boots are shot and I need some new ones. Any suggestions as to comfort, walking comfort and waterproof. Also wondering what the best product to use for the hard luggage to keep the black from fading in the sun. I use Mothers back to black but it doesn't seem to last too long. Any and all suggestions would be most helpful. Keep it between the lines.

I have the BMW All Around boots. Like them just fine. Waterproof,good protection, inside zippers, lighweight, very comfortable to walk in and not overly expensive. Often on sale at your local shop. Mine were on sale for $160 when I got them. Easily have paid for themselves.

Worth a look.

I have had difficulty finding dedicated riding boots that didn't look like I was fresh in from Mithrandil from a drinking binge with hobbits. I stick to Danner Acadias and Vasque Sundowners. Not the best, but pretty good, and no one walks up to me and says "one ring to bind them".

A few years ago, my brother turned me on to Danner Tactical boots. Lace up and tie and then use side zipper for on and off. They are waterproof and light with great traction. I typically go for a walk around 3 miles every day to keep the blood circulating and find that they are as comfortable to walk in as an old pair of tennis shoes. Best $180 I ever spent on boots or shoes.

I came across the AlpineStar Ridge boots some years ago and love them. They now have changed them to Ridge Waterproof. So they work real nice, warm, dry, and so I don't need over boots or anything for any rain. I just keep riding.
dc

I have a pair of Combat Touring boots, after doing a number on my left leg in an accident wearing BMW Gote-Tex boots I wanted high boots that were tough as dirt and excelled in protection.

They take a *lot* of time to break in - but once that was done they are more comfortable than my Mephisto sandles (and those things are pretty damn comfortable...) If there is one word for them it would be "substantial", with resoling they will easily last a decade or more.

They are not advertised as waterproof but with a 20-minute seasonal application of Sno-Seal they have never once leaked even standing in 3" of water and riding hours on end in downpours.

Original Aerostich (they are made by Sidi) CBT's:
510772637_ywMxK-L.jpg

The "lighter version" CBT Lites:
P3180109.jpg

Over here in Holland (Europe, not Michigan) the motorcycle instructors and police like the Daytona GPX a lot. They're durable, the sole can be replaced, waterproof and a good fit. They're also nice to walk on.
I got a pair myself and I like 'm a lot. I trust the judgement of an instructor because they're on the bike all day, come rain or shine. So they know about gear...

I have the BMW All Around boots. Like them just fine. Waterproof,good protection, inside zippers, lighweight, very comfortable to walk in and not overly expensive. Often on sale at your local shop. Mine were on sale for $160 when I got them. Easily have paid for themselves.

Worth a look.

+1 on the All Around boots for all the same reasons.

I find that Back to Black lasts for a long time, much longer than other competitive products. It may be in how it is applied. Put a good thick coat on in the fall when the bike goes into winter storage. I slather it on and don't wipe it off. In the spring there's a good coating even after the first wash of the season, and it lasts for months.

Do I dare admit this. Before becoming a "BMW convert" (and ever since), I have been wearing a pair of waterproof HD boots. They've been all over NA and have withstood the best that all kinds of weather can throw at them. They're extremely comfortable for walking; however, they're pretty "beat up" and I'm thinking of replacing them. Although I like them a lot, rather than sticking with the HD line, I have been looking at buying a pair of BMW All Round boots. Both are in the same price category. It was nice to hear the review on those boots earlier in this thread.

Chippewa Rally

CBC_27862_R

I've been wearing these for the last three years. Good height, easy on and off and come in a lot of widths. I have short wide feet so fit can be tough for me. They can be resoled as well.

I have Alpinestars Gore-Tex Boots. I like them a lot. Never have felt too hot, too cold, very comfortable. My wife just bought a pair, wore them for 3 weeks straight to break them in ( not sure they needed it) and she won't ride without them. Worth trying on.

Check out the BMW Pro Touring 2's - they're like a deluxe version of the BMW Allround boots - somewhat taller and somewhat more protective.

A few years ago, my brother turned me on to Danner Tactical boots. Lace up and tie and then use side zipper for on and off. They are waterproof and light with great traction. I typically go for a walk around 3 miles every day to keep the blood circulating and find that they are as comfortable to walk in as an old pair of tennis shoes. Best $180 I ever spent on boots or shoes.

+1 on that...I had an endless shopping experience a couple of years ago looking at moto boots. Completely inconsistent in sizes between brands, no walking comfort, and "styling" that looks okay on the track, but a bit flashy for me. Then I recalled the Danner duty boots I used as everyday footwear around the fire station. Problem solved, quality boot, quality fit, and reasonably priced...

Cheers!:drink

Good height, easy on and off and come in a lot of widths. I have short wide feet so fit can be tough for me. They can be resoled as well.

Yeah, but EE is not EEEEE, so there are still no off the shelf boots that fit me.

+1 on the BMW All Around, which I bought on sale

I also have a pair of 5 year old Sidi Gore-Tex On-Road as my primary boots. Still going strong. They are harder to find now.

+1 on the BMW All Around boots. I wear 12 EEE in street shoes.
Last week I received a pair of size 12 of the BMW boots.
I just got back from a 3 day 1000+ mile trip where I did lots of walking around 1 day. Nothing but comfort. Lots of room in width.

I had just tried several pairs of boots and returned both Sidi's and Aerostich boots as they were too narrow.

PM me for a special deal I found on these BMW boots.

Back