• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Salty Fog Riders Rally 2011: The Report

2 things 2 remember...

I was "key'in" on PA Bob that 1st nite... but it may have been me that stated, "UH...were have'in .. supper???
And 2.... and this important; "the pie is BIG along the shore, of Lake Big Bra's d Or"
And dont believe Bob when he tells'ya he was only keep'in up with the the Texas GS guys....
at boy can eat! No soup safe in Guysburgh Co Novie Scotia. Just sayin... :brow
"I vaguely remember the ride... but I sure remember the food!"
Three Bowl John, 2011 Salty

Last edited:
Exhibit A: The Soup

'Recipe' pending for those interested (btw, what's a recipe?). However, in light of the posts above, I present a snapshot of a 'coup de grace' moment prior to the large supper. There were witnesses eh. :eat - Bob

Souppicture.jpg

Setting up camp at the 'edge of the earth' in Meat Cove: Camping right on the edge of the cliff gives the best view of the stunning vista. Looking across the Cabot Strait and the Gulf of St. Lawrence presents (on a clear day) gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. Be careful setting up the tent because the wind gods can be mischievous and snatch your tent in a blink. Peg it in a couple of places first!

P1010443.jpg

Last edited:
Oh Gee

This makes me want to see the Nor Eastern end of the continent. The run looks great but it could be real tough geting a bike back to AK, before the weather set in.

Great photos, keep Riding.

This makes me want to see the Nor Eastern end of the continent. The run looks great but it could be real tough geting a bike back to AK, before the weather set in.

Great photos, keep Riding.

The folks from Texas, Ohio, Penn. did not find a problem with the weather for getting back home. In fact, our temperatures last year were often above those found in many Atlantic U.S. locales (warmer than New Orleans at one point). It's not as cold up here as some may think. About the same as Portland, Maine. BTW, the NE end of the continent is actually along the run between St John's, Newfoundland and Goose Bay. Labrador. We don't venture that far east. C'mon up and enjoy! - Bob

Yep that is the one that I remember. John on his 3rd and Tom wondering where it was all going. :blah

Also of importance: Notice PA Bob is not there. I'm a think'n John was holding his own and try'n to blame PA Bob. :whistle

'Recipe' pending for those interested (btw, what's a recipe?). However, in light of the posts above, I present a snapshot of a 'coup de grace' moment prior to the large supper. There were witnesses eh. :eat - Bob

Souppicture.jpg

Dang, had to crop PA Bob in order to get the close up. Looks like John and Paul are 'right outta the chute' in a dead heat fer the finish. For that crop I owe Bob a few mackerel I suppose. By the tilt on those bowls methinks they like the soup! More of that in September for sure.

One rider had a 'wardrobe malfunction' along the way and had it resolved with some Larry's River plywood inlay. In Meat Cove, we all signed this after market modification.

P1010433.jpg

P1010435.jpg

HERE COMES THE SUN...da da da da....

Friday morning in Meat Cove. A beautiful day is likely. What a day for some early photo ops!!

P1010505.jpg

P1010508.jpg

P1010510.jpg

P1010521.jpg

Campfire chatter & Sunrise quiteness

It's magic at Meat Cove! None better. That sure looks risky letting Michael "the hands"
operate that wheel barrow! He pulls a "pinky" and necks go stiff all the way to Halifax!
I cant get used to looking that far South to see the sunrise; I only know it makes the
coffee taste better.
Three bowl John... 2011 Salty
"Breathing is easy... living takes effort" :nod

It's magic at Meat Cove! None better.
I cant get used to looking that far South to see the sunrise; I only know it makes the
coffee taste better.
Three bowl John... 2011 Salty
"Breathing is easy... living takes effort" :nod

John - The greatest 'Magic' at Meat Cove was that no one killed that lunatic woman that was running around at four something AM encouraging everyone to get up and watch the wonderful sunrise.
Harry

Once the rush for early morning sunrise pics subsided it was time to pack for the last leg of the ride.

DSC05679.jpg

DSC05678.jpg

And morning ablutions etc had resource options..with a 'door number 3' ..

DSC05657.jpg

DSC05658.jpg
:thumb

Experencing Time Warp...

On the way home I found out she set her time incorrectly entering the Atlantic
Time Zone. She used "Fall.. back", like in the states for daylight savings.
Now you know why I carry the jetboil & coffee! 38+ yrs :bottle

Back