• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

The Garmin Zumo 660 Arrives!

AZ-J

Riding where it's hot!
The start up screen on mine after loading the picture

3517062306_8bf67d4b94_b.jpg

The picture at full resolution

3517063210_b4743fee69_b.jpg

Ready to Navigate and make calls

3517064124_472dfc7fb7_b.jpg

On Map

3516253445_96d7441f5f_b.jpg

From rear to show ZTechnik mount

3516252975_22250b6237_b.jpg

Its resolution is much higher than the 550's and it is much faster to operate.

If you have an AMA membership, it is 20% off the $799.99 list price. I can provide a lot more details if you are an AMA member in a PM. All I can say is, its in car mode and cradle for today and the next few days. Connected to FM traffic on the bike, and traffic, news stocks, weather, etc. via MSN in the car, WOW!

The traffic antennas are not in the $799.99 list price, though, I just had both from prior acquisitions. That's my disclaimer.

Hey J, let me know how the display looks when that big Phoenix sun is right behind you.
My Nav III can get washed out. Not that I care I just get lost and find myself later. After all, I'm riding!

Hey, W!

My display was little washed when I first got on the bike after the install. When I got to a long-ish traffic light, I angled the Zumo's front edge downward on the mount, and that cured all washout. :brad

Seriously, the display on this unit is good

Does it use the same mounting hardware as the 550?

If I am using a 550 at present can I just swap one unit for the other?

Included mounting brackets are the same, except for the cradle, of course but you will have to replace the wiring. The power wire on the 550 plugs into the cradle, but with the 660, the multi-wire is hard-wired to the cradle and must be re-run.

So it is not a pure swap. But it is much easier to read than the 550.

If you have an AMA membership, it is 20% off the $799.99 list price. I can provide a lot more details if you are an AMA member in a PM.

Go to the AMA website and log in as a member. Find "member benefits" and follow the links to the Garmin site. The 20% discount is worth $160.

Ordered mine this morning.

Where have you found these in stock? Or did you just order it for future delivery? Every website I have checked is claiming a 7/7/09 ship date.

Where have you found these in stock? Or did you just order it for future delivery? Every website I have checked is claiming a 7/7/09 ship date.

I ordered mine on 4/13/2009 as a pre-order through the Garmin AMA affiliation program.

I ordered 2 days ago from Garmin as I said a couple of messages ago. They shipped it yesterday and I'll have it tomorrow.

I ordered 2 days ago from Garmin as I said a couple of messages ago. They shipped it yesterday and I'll have it tomorrow.

Post again when you get it on. But, in the meantime, get the newest Webupdater from Garmin, if you haven't. There is a new release especially adpated for the Zumos. The former version has a lot otf trouble communicating with the 660.

Post again when you get it on. But, in the meantime, get the newest Webupdater from Garmin, if you haven't. There is a new release especially adpated for the Zumos. The former version has a lot otf trouble communicating with the 660.

I'm bisexual about computers. Which updater has trouble, mac or pc?

Really... I've tried the exact same thing, and for the 660 all it gives is a where to buy button.. no option to buy direct at 20% discount price (though it shows the AMA discount)... can buy older and other models just not this one :confused:

Really... I've tried the exact same thing, and for the 660 all it gives is a where to buy button.. no option to buy direct at 20% discount price (though it shows the AMA discount)... can buy older and other models just not this one :confused:

They must be out of stock. It no longer shows up for me either.

Try offroute, gpscity, or anchorexpress. They've all offered decent discounts at one time or another, but on a new model, you'll prolly have to wait. I've bought from all of those vendors without trouble. Also try Amazon.

I'm bisexual about computers. Which updater has trouble, mac or pc?

For the 660, the PC Webupdater needs to be updated. On the Mac, I have read its worse, you have to download the 660's PC software update, extract it, and copy a file to the 660, and then all is good. That is if your 660 comes with Software version 2.70, if it's 2.80, as some are, you're good, for now.

660 came with 2.8. No issues with the Mac Web updater. In fact, I haven't had any issues with it for a long time.

Back