• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMWs at Chicago IMS Show

careycsg

BMW Motorcycles of Countryside is pleased to announce that we will be exhibiting in a 20' x 80' island booth at the upcoming Chicago IMS show in February. We will have all current models on display, but can not yet announce whether or not the new scooter will be available for review. BMW apparel will be available along with other well known apparel, accessories, boots and helmets! Those vendors will be announced shortly. While BMW NA will not be having a corporate presence at the Chicago show, rest assured you will be able to review the tremendous line up they have assembled for 2012, all courtesy of BMW Motorcycles of Countryside.

I have visited this dealership twice this year (no small feat from hundreds of miles to the north in Wisconsin) but was always impressed with the inventory of bikes they maintain.

I'd recommend all BMW enthuthiasts attending the Chicago show pay a visit to this IMS display - it will feel like corporate BMW - except they will actually sell you a bike if interested!! :deal

Chicago IMS Show

We are really looking forward to delivering the great BMW lineup back to the Chicago IMS. Be sure to stop by and see what is in store. We are confident all BMW fans will be pleased and those considering a BMW to leave with a very favorable impression of the brand.

Thanks BMW Motorcycles of Countryside

Hope to see you there, Cary! Once again the crew will be staffing the MOA booth. It will be nice having BMWs at the show.

YEAH!!! I'm really looking forward to sitting on some BMW's!

I'm like most midwesterners who think BMW is making a mistake in not having their corporate booth at at least one midwest M/C show!

I'm like most midwesterners who think BMW is making a mistake in not having their corporate booth at at least one midwest M/C show!
Couldn't agree more. They are ignoring Minneapolis also. I'm a pretty serious BMW guy, but I do find this insulting. If they keep shunning us, I expect many will find other brands who might actually care about us "fly-over country" customers.

Dumb BMW, Dumb.:dunno

Is is possible to walk from the CTA station to the convention hall at Rosemont? I will to taking Amtrak to Chicago and then the blue line CTA to Rosemont.

Is is possible to walk from the CTA station to the convention hall at Rosemont? I will to taking Amtrak to Chicago and then the blue line CTA to Rosemont.

The CTA station you speak of will be 1.29 miles north of the convention center. That's a bit of a hike, presuming even good weather.

Hope you can make the IMS. :wave

Shuttle bus

I'm not sure there will be one this year, but in the past there has been a free shuttle bus that runs from the CTA stop to the convention center. Runs frequently so you seldom have to wait. Many of us in the Chicago area prefer to park cheaply at the CTA station and then take the shuttle.

I'm so looking forward to the show.http://forums.bmwmoa.org/images/smilies/clap.gif

I usually catch Amtrak at Pontiac, IL. There has been a shuttle bus each year. I usually walk to the show and catch the bus back.

I've had / have the same complaint about the Cleveland show.

However...after being there again this year, and looking around....I think I understand why? The IMS shows [Cleveland anyway] has {IMO} become basically an H/D show.
Allot of Harley influence, wanna-be's , etc. Do-Rag, and leather vest vendors in abundance.

All the crowds were around cruisers...it seemed. Moto-Guzzi, KTM Norton,Aprila,Ducati...etc all were virtually getting no attention...in a few cases I was the lone 'looker'.... Twisted-Throttle, Tourtech, had nice displays....no one around.

So, maybe the decision makers decided those shows aren't worth the expence?

The Chicago show is full of cruiser types but all in all many MX, DS, ST and LT types show.

The Chicago show is full of cruiser types but all in all many MX, DS, ST and LT types show.

That show is next w/end. I'm thinkin'bout going to it, just to see a different show!
Weather depending of course. Are there motels near by? It's about 300+ from me here in the Cincy area.

There are many, many hotels in the area. It is close to Ohare airport. Do a web search on Rosemont Horizon and many will come up.

There are many, many hotels in the area. It is close to Ohare airport. Do a web search on Rosemont Horizon and many will come up.

Thanks, I did take a look and it appears to be plenty of them.

Should be able to find something close. Don't care to drink & drive at all anymore, and many seem to have rest / bar on premises. Now if the weather just holds??

The weather is guessing that the temps will be around 30 and sunny on Fri/Sat and cloudy on Sun.

If you like pizza, there is a Giordano's just down the road from the bike show.

Have a good time. I am attending on Sunday.

The weather is guessing that the temps will be around 30 and sunny on Fri/Sat and cloudy on Sun.

If you like pizza, there is a Giordano's just down the road from the bike show.

Have a good time. I am attending on Sunday.

Thanks again, I'm planning on heading out Fri, do the show Sat,.head home Sun
Chicago in Feb?..I'm going to play it safe & take my truck.

Back