• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin Zumo-Where is the best price?

ducster

I have decided to"bite the bullet" and replace the Garmin Nuvi I have been using with a Zumo model. The price of these models has been the reason I haven't purchased before now.

Anyone purchased one recently and found a good deal?

Don't forget the Montana- the current favorite of a bunch of the GS types

There are promos this time of year from Garmin that should be passed on by dealers. Last year the 220 was on the list- its got some limits but works well and is small- I put one on the SOs R1100S using a Touratech locking bracket, a nice piece for suire.

I'm still using a pair 550s on my bikes but one is getting a bit funky- if it dies I'll either go with the 600 seies or a Montana for that bike..

Googling should find the promos..Some experience with gps units is critical to get the best bang for the buck- no one unit is top notch at everything, not even the priciest ones- so you need to know what you really want and what is just nice to have. The more expensive moels add bells and whistles and better route storage capabiltities, for example, but if all you want is a rolling map and point to point- and you don't generate and load your own routes, a bare bones unit is plenty.

I'm a mixed paper map and gps guy due to viewing limits imposed by small gps screens. THe more I use my units, the less often I actually pre plan routes on my computer for download but when I do choose the pc approacg, I want the best new stuff including computer program..

Ebay,Craigslist,IBMWR,Flea MKT here, or just go to wally world & buy a cheapie "regular" GPS & try one out thats not waterproof but cheaper. Mine was an Ebay refurb 550.

I have a friend that has bought a new Can Am Spyder and has a brand new in box Garmin 660 that came with the bike. I do not know what he is asking for it but send me an email and I will forward it. I have the same on my Can Am and love it. I does not have XM, though!

lkniess@comcast.net

Which Zumo are you shopping for? 220, 350, 550, 660, or 665?

I think I am interested in either the 660 or 665. Unfortunately on the Garmin website I found it isn't easy to gather information on the features of the different models.

Back