• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

5 inches and counting!

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
Of SNOW that is! :eek And I'm talking about Southwest Missouri! The snow is falling at my house at the rate of about 1 inch per hour. On May 3rd? Global warming?? :scratch

I don't see you but I'm here.
How can you be here?
I think you're there and confused.

And what do you use to measure (5 inches?) and who is doing it? :stick

Global warming?? :scratch

79?F on May 1 in Northeast Ohio!

And btw: "Global warming or not" indicators aren't cold temperatures in normally warm latitudes but high temperatures in normally cold latitudes.
I am pretty sure the Polar bears have nothing to fear anymore, because it is snowing in Missouri early May.:thumb

"Global Warming" is just a pop culture catch phrase. The scientific term is "climate change" and the indicators are everywhere.... :brow even "here".

Well then, you better get in touch with Mr. Gore & purchase some of his "carbon-credits". :rolleyes

Ken

ahh.... sunshine and a bit of a cool east wind here in beautiful Larry's River, Nova Scotia. Grass is getting greener by the day. Just came in from enjoying a fine cigar and an adult beverage.:hide Climate change for good and bad I suppose. - Bob

Only about 4" here but around 12" snowfall fell about 50mi south of here. Still hoping for decent weather Sunday for BMW Vintage Days in Polk City, IA. Definitely a strange spring this year!

Well then, you better get in touch with Mr. Gore & purchase some of his "carbon-credits". :rolleyes

Ken

Ah, if it were only that easy. You and I will be able to continue enjoying our motorcycles. It's our kids and grandkids who will pay a heavy price. But...we are far afield from [5" of snow in Ash Grove, MO]. My apologies to the original poster.

We are setting high records this week, 89F on the way to 92F. Next week 60's to 80's all week.

88F now after 93F today. Next week, the High is gone and we have all 60's to 80's every day.

Is this always the first Sunday in May?

Lee......yep.....1st Sunday in May from 1-6pm in town square of Polk City. Event is sponsored by Iowa Bahnsturmers.

Looks like forecast calls for precip to end around 10am with temps to 63f. I'm planning on attending. I'll be riding my Canyon Red 98 R12C.

Hope to see you!

93F in early May.
Nice.
When does it warm up?

We've hit 100F already. We'll be 80 for a week, and we'll see what happens...

The heat arrives in June whether late or early, it varies yearly. But even then, leave early and come home late. We can ride in the higher elevations that are very close.

We've hit 100F already. We'll be 80 for a week, and we'll see what happens...

The heat arrives in June whether late or early, it varies yearly. But even then, leave early and come home late. We can ride in the higher elevations that are very close.

AZ-J, yep, the weather is beautiful up here! :thumb

It snowed pretty much all day her in lil 'ol Ash Grove MO. First time in recorded history that there was a measurable amount of snow in the area AFTER May 1st! Hope it's gone next week end...heading to ride the beautiful roads of Northern Arkansas!

Back