• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Windscreen auto-mode re-program?

pjlew63

Anyone ever lose the auto return of their windscreen?

If so, How do I re-program it?

I disconnected/re-connected my seat heater plugs to service the bike. I believe I lost the auto-return position mode at that time.

Thanks.

Pjlew63

2012 Red K16GT
2012 Red R1150R
many other non-BMWs

Anyone ever lose the auto return of their windscreen?

If so, How do I re-program it?

I disconnected/re-connected my seat heater plugs to service the bike. I believe I lost the auto-return position mode at that time.

Thanks.

Pjlew63

2012 Red K16GT
2012 Red R1150R
many other non-BMWs

I do not remember what triggered the problem but we had a K16 with a windshield issue. Only saw this one time so my experience here is limited at best. Bike was attached to the BMW diagnostic equipment which did recognize a windshield problem existed. Problem was resolved within a few keystrokes. Hope this provides some help.

I do not remember what triggered the problem but we had a K16 with a windshield issue. Only saw this one time so my experience here is limited at best. Bike was attached to the BMW diagnostic equipment which did recognize a windshield problem existed. Problem was resolved within a few keystrokes. Hope this provides some help.

Thank you Billy

I saw a guy who figured out the magic combo on k1600forum.com but I can't remember if off the top of my head (maybe shutting bike off with GPS popped out?). On mine it's always returned to normal on next regular power down. Fwiw

I can't raise my wind screen with the switch. Screen goes up when I eject Nav and back down when reinstalled. Local dealer tells me I need left handlbar switch assy replaced. Parts are back ordered...

...Which begs the question - Did the dealer actually hook it up to the diagnostics, or is he "going with the flow" about bad switches?

Back