• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New member from Cochrane, Alberta

canuck250f

BlackfootDirect.com
Hi everyone. I currently own a 2009 F800GS and am happy to be a new member here.

While I work in the motorcycle industry I seem to spend too much time behind the desk and not enough on the bike I plan on changing that this year. This winter I finally got around to some of the mods I have been wanting to do for a while including the Ohlins fork cartridge kit, shock and a GPR stabilizer. Once I get the bike on the road and put it to the test I will provide some feedback.

Looking forward to meeting some you on the road and in the trails this summer!

Thx,
Dean Thompson
General Manager
www.blackfootdirect.com

Welcome to the forum Dean. It would be good to hear how the fork cartridges and the stabilizer worked out. Gary

Hi everyone. I currently own a 2009 F800GS and am happy to be a new member here.

While I work in the motorcycle industry I seem to spend too much time behind the desk and not enough on the bike I plan on changing that this year. This winter I finally got around to some of the mods I have been wanting to do for a while including the Ohlins fork cartridge kit, shock and a GPR stabilizer. Once I get the bike on the road and put it to the test I will provide some feedback.

Looking forward to meeting some you on the road and in the trails this summer!

Thx,
Dean Thompson
General Manager
www.blackfootdirect.com

Welcome to the MOA! I hope you are able to make good on your goal of more bike time - it's always a good thing. It will be interesting to hear what all you find worth doing to your F800GS in the way of aftermarket add-ons. The right mix of things can transform a bike - it's just knowing what to do first.

Welcome to the forum and MOA Club

Hello and glad to see you joined us Dean - many hours to be spent here for sure. The mods sound pretty impressive and i bet you will notice a significant improvement. http://www.rockybowbmw.ca/ is our Southern Alberta Club - may see you there one day.

Edmonton Show

Were you one of the two guys selling Schuberth helmets at the Calgary show?

Yes that would have been me I was the guy WITH hair!! haha

We had a great time up there with everyone. Good way to make the winter feel a little shorter for sure.

Did you get a chance to get sized up? I just returned from the Dealer Expo show in Indianapolis a few weeks back and was able to see the new S2 and SR1 helmets from Schuberth which will be released this summer. They are awesome!

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

Thx,
Dean Thompson
www.blackfootdirect.com

Rocky Bow BMW

Hello and glad to see you joined us Dean - many hours to be spent here for sure. The mods sound pretty impressive and i bet you will notice a significant improvement. http://www.rockybowbmw.ca/ is our Southern Alberta Club - may see you there one day.

I actually checked out your website the day I joined to try to learn more about the club. I actually live in Cochrane so may have to check out the rally. Could not find out much about other rides prior so maybe send me an email on some details. dean@blackfootdirect.com

Thx,
Dean Thompson
www.blackfootdirect.com

Hi Dean,

I know we've met a few times when I've been into your shop. I'm another 09 F800GS owner. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions on the shocks and damper. Both are on my list for future mods. Which Ohlins fork set up did you go with and where did you get it done?

Welcome fellow Canuck.I showed up at Blackfoot one summer day about 15 years ago,limping on my 71 R75/5 on my way to Winnipeg.I was passed on to Dave Andersen (Anderwerks) who totally fixed me up and it was a beautiful thing. Nice piece of legacy.

Welcome, Dean.

Can you recommend a freight service to move a bike from Ontario to Calgary for me? It will have to put on a pallet and tied down. I know that your company uses Canadian Freightways, but I assume they're moving only crated bikes.

Look forward to meeting you some time.

Welcome, Dean.

Can you recommend a freight service to move a bike from Ontario to Calgary for me? It will have to put on a pallet and tied down. I know that your company uses Canadian Freightways, but I assume they're moving only crated bikes.

Look forward to meeting you some time.

ATS shipped mine from Toronto to Vancouver. Arrived on time, undamaged and delivered to my door.

BTW, welcome Dean!

Thanks for the referral, BC1100S.

As it turns out, it's becoming a bit of a challenge to truck my new pride and joy home.

ATS would't take it because I don't have an account with them; JC Motors, who specialize in bike transport, haven't responded to my e mail request, and Caneda require me to have the bike tied down, on a pallet, before they'll touch it. :banghead

Then I remembered Neena, at Atlantic and Pacific, who shipped my late step brother's Harley to Holland a couple of years ago. I called her and she was sympathetic, told me to send her the bike's dimensions, and they will consider my request...:cry

Stay tuned.

Last edited:
Thanks for the referral, BC1100S.

As it turns out, it's becoming a bit of a challenge to truck my new pride and joy home.

ATS would't take it because I don't have an account with them; JC Motors, who specialize in bike transport, haven't responded to my e mail request, and Caneda require me to have the bike tied down, on a pallet, before they'll touch it. :banghead

Then I remembered Neena, at Atlantic and Pacific, who shipped my late step brother's Harley to Holland a couple of years ago. I called her and she was sympathetic, told me to send her the bike's dimensions, and they will consider my request...:cry

Stay tuned.

Pretty soon the weather will be suitable to just fly out and ride it home.

Back