• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ATGATT vs. STGSTT

I mean no offense, but that has the sound of a BMW snob. As you can see from my post above, I'm "the type of rider" you don't "want to be involved with." Personally, I don't want to be involved with riders who end sentences in prepositions.

You say "no offense" but then decide to make snobbish comments about my forum post ending a sentence with a preposition? That is the sort of thing I will not put up with!!! I mean... That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put! :p

Honestly, not ending a sentence with a preposition isn't an actual "rule". Look it up. There are lots of examples of why it doesn't work. That "rule" was due to someone a LONG time ago (18th or 19th century) mentioning that having a long sentence with a preposition at the end (far away from it's verb) can be confusing to a reader, so "watch out for that". It was never a rule, but some people took it as such and now here we are, with people snobbishly trying to correct everyone else.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand:

I already explained my original statement several posts back, so I won't do it again. Go back and re-read my previous post on this issue. Of course, I know it's more fun to take comments out of context. So be it.

I still say everyone should wear their gear to protect themselves and to avoid horribly painful debridement, but to each their own. They have the right to ride in t-shirts and shorts and I have the right to not want to ride with them.

You say "no offense" but then decide to make snobbish comments about my forum post ending a sentence with a preposition? That is the sort of thing I will not put up with!!! I mean... That is the sort of thing up with which I will not put! :p

Honestly, not ending a sentence with a preposition isn't an actual "rule". Look it up. There are lots of examples of why it doesn't work. That "rule" was due to someone a LONG time ago (18th or 19th century) mentioning that having a long sentence with a preposition at the end (far away from it's verb) can be confusing to a reader, so "watch out for that". It was never a rule, but some people took it as such and now here we are, with people snobbishly trying to correct everyone else.

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand:

I already explained my original statement several posts back, so I won't do it again. Go back and re-read my previous post on this issue. Of course, I know it's more fun to take comments out of context. So be it.

I still say everyone should wear their gear to protect themselves and to avoid horribly painful debridement, but to each their own. They have the right to ride in t-shirts and shorts and I have the right to not want to ride with them.

perhaps he was mearly "prepositioning" you! Ha Ha!

(I know, I know, really, really bad pun...but I just couldn't contain myself.....)

RM

Occasionally I'll just wear jeans instead of my riding pants. That's as far as I'll go.

Helmet, armor jacket, gloves, boots. All the time. Jeans for the occasional run to the store or out and about.

Rest of the time I do the whole schmear.

I'm in this category.

I do MOTGMOTT - most of the gear, most of the time.

Basically if I am around town, errands, work, etc. it is gloves, helmet, jeans, boots and jacket. My theory is that in-town speeds are lower and the slide factor is less due to the slower speeds.

Out of town, touring or anything above 40mph it is all of the above plus riding pants.

Riding back from the rallies there was a full up Wing going the other way. The guy was only wearing a bathing suit. Come to think of it, when he waved his pit hair matched his bathing suit. Hmmm - thankfully it was just a fleeting, flashing glance.

Go sailing in Canada for a few days, return home, log onto this forum and find peoples panties tied in a knot over ATGATT? :stick

I mounted a new pair of tires this morning and had a great riding day.

I confuse everyone, I wave to them all. :clap

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blah... I read your 500 word backtrack. Its easier not to be judgmental.

Back