• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Disgruntled New Member...

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stbob

I'm disgruntled over the fact that we don't get a basic BOA member pin with a new membership. I know the pin schedule starts at the 5 years mark, but i made the mistake of assuming that all members get that initial member pin with the starters package. Its not like they don't make'em, they actually sell them in general merchandise area for $2.00, which is what pisses me off the most. For forty dollars i got myself a decal and had to email to request the anoynmous book. They'll probably waste more than the lousy two bucks on mailing me reminders next year to re-join. Well here's advance notice, don't waste your time or money, i won't be re-joining...:violin

Welcome to the forum Hudsonriver.

The BMWMOA and the forum is so much more than a pin.

Stick around for a while and check the place out - it may change your non-reup position.

Keep the shiny side up!

Somebody give this person a pin!

Hurry up . . . someone give this person a pin! :laugh

Wow nice first post, life's too short to loose your cool over something so trivial, pull up a chair, chill and say hi to the nice people.

My dad always said that expectations lead to disappointment. It appears true in this case.

However, please send me a PM with your name and address and I will see that you get the pin at no cost. It will look really great next to your 5, 10 and 20 year pins.

Lots of good people here. Tons of information, at not extra charge in your membership plus the very best Motorcycle Club publications (and one of the best Motorcycle Publications, of any kind) around.

I'm guessing you live in NY so HERE is a list of the NY clubs. You will find that they are friendly, love to ride and eat and also have great events in which to participate.

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here and looking forward to reading more of your posts.

BTW Would love to see a pic of your bike. We always say nice things about other members rides. :wave

Ride Well

Last edited:
Consider yourself lucky and fortunate to be able to join. A lot of organizations require a sponsor. Quit whinning. Be involved. :dance

Pins arn't all that great, I got a 25 year one and STILL can't pick up chicks with it! :scratch

Welcome! Pins are important to some.I didn't know there was a five year pin! I will get mine soon. Actually, I don't care. The MOA has a lot to offer beyond a mere pin. Please read Bud's (SIBUD) post carefully as there is a lot of wisdom and good cheer offered.

Last edited:
Gee whiz, all the pins I have are laying somewhere collecting dust and I have no idea what to do with them.

My dad always said that expectations lead to disappointment. It appears true in this case.

However, please send me a PM with your name and address and I will see that you get the pin at no cost. It will look really great next to your 5, 10 and 20 year pins.

Lots of good people here. Tons of information, at not extra charge in your membership plus the very best Motorcycle Club publications (and one of the best Motorcycle Publications, of any kind) around.

I'm guessing you live in NY so HERE is a list of the NY clubs. You will find that they are friendly, love to ride and eat and also have great events in which to participate.

Welcome to the family. Glad to have you here and looking forward to reading more of your posts.

BTW Would love to see a pic of your bike. We always say nice things about other members rides. :wave

Ride Well

Even after you choose insult the club, you are still offered open arms. The QUALITY of this gentleman is a perfect example of the quality of its members and no other reason is needed for a person to join. I think you need to rethink you position.

Pins ?

I probably have 500 pins in several gallon jars from my Harley days. I was going to pin them all over a vest until some old crusty biker pointed out that that many pins could "cause one to get struck with lightning". :laugh Any way you need a good attitude check. Until then you will never be happy "doncha know". Come on now give these guys a second chance. I have never met any of them either but love this forum and can tell the are a bunch of fun loving guys with great senses of humor. You get out of life only what you put into it!

Jack

You get out of life only what you put into it!

There's the key!

A couple years ago, I was considering quitting the MOA. Just didn't see the point of being a member. I'd never used the Anonymous Book, and only had like 2 posts on the forum.

Then, I started posting more. Then, I broke down in Iowa.

If they offered the lifetime membership still, I'd sign up.

I seriously had/have a world of helpful, awesome people (most of which have a similar sense of humor as me) at my finger tips.

Shazam! Now I'm rubbin' elbows with the best of the MOA.

I met BubbaZanetti!

:laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back