• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ZUMO 550 and garming lifetime maps

TGA57589

Has anyone who has a Zumo 550 from BMW purchased the lifetime maps? I got the update alrt screen last fall and just now I decided to look hook my unit to the computer for updates and it wants to sell me a $119.99 lifetime update. Just curious if anyone else has gotten this and if it is worth it.

I have the non-BMW Zumo 550 and purchased the nuMap Lifetime for $30 off by being an AMA member.

Be aware that it will update MapSource to the latest version.

Roads change in these parts fairly often and some of these changes were updated in what they refer to as the 2009.1 update.

Check http://www.garmin.com/ama for the AMA info.

Folks - I'm moving this to the GEAR forum since that's pretty much where GPS topics belong (non-bike-model-specific discussions).

Please hold on tight, keep your hands and feet inside the car for your protection, and WHOOSH.. off it goes!

I thank you for the reply about AMA members discount. My AMA membership paid for itself today by purchasing the update for the Zumo. It did take me the better part of 3 hours to download all the updates but it was the first time for it. I'm glad you told me of the deal or I would have probably bought a 2009 update disc and had not been able to get future downloads. BMWOA members are the best!

Just keep in mind how long "lifetime" is in electronic gadget and computer terms. Nonetheless, that's a lot less than, say, three or four years at $75 a year for updates.

Fred

Just keep in mind how long "lifetime" is in electronic gadget and computer terms. Nonetheless, that's a lot less than, say, three or four years at $75 a year for updates.

Fred

That would be forever or until it's no longer supported whichever comes first. ;)

Back