• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Pics, or... The old fart golf cart race

KATU news in Portland website

Here's a link to the rally article on Portland's KATU (ABC) News website with a gallery of 55 pics. The author and photographer Bill Roberson rode up Friday on his immaculate Honda CBX to join my group that came Wednesday.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98780599.html

I'm glad someone in Portland covered it. I used to work at KGW and I tried to get people I know there interested in covering it but they didn't seem to care. I don't think KATU would have had anything either if Bill hadn't come up to join us.

--Jim

Here's a link to the rally article on Portland's KATU (ABC) News website with a gallery of 55 pics. The author and photographer Bill Roberson rode up Friday on his immaculate Honda CBX to join my group that came Wednesday.

I'm glad someone in Portland covered it. I used to work at KGW and I tried to get people I know there interested in covering it but they didn't seem to care. I don't think KATU would have had anything either if Bill hadn't come up to join us.

--Jim
Thanks for the link, Jim.

The pics are nice, but I'm having too much fun reading the comments below the article. :ha

Yeah, those comments are kinda ridiculous. I don't understand why this whole bike brand thing always has to turn so tribal and competitive. You'd think we all worked for these companies--we defend them like they're paying us...

--Jim

Well - talk about old farts! This is the 8:00 AM crew on the John Day ride Friday morning - making a rest stop at the Post General Store.

JDride2sm.jpg

--Jim

Thanks. The reporter must have been "of a certain age" because he concentrated on the older airheads and K bikes. Didn't notice any new RTs. Man after my own heart.

Don't get me wrong... So do I...
All you need to do is look at the Free Association thread to see that.

Perhaps it's the 13(+/-) images in one post that dogs it down... I dunno.
Nonetheless, my concerns are just as valid as yours.

It is easy for me to fix though... :brow

>click<

Hey, it was an awards ceremony! With the Icon's of beemerdom ! sheesh.

Here is my album with all the rest that I did not imbed into this thread.
but I could though...>click< :type

Now, come on:doh:doh Look at the pictures of the people and what they do with the bikes. Then you should know why there isn't anyone (or aren't many) riding around on an RR at a MOA rally. BMW tried to address a different customer segment.
Or do you expect them to put handlebar risers, footpeg lowering kits, windshield extenders and aluminum cases on their RRs..:brow:stick

:ha

i expect them to smile and enjoy the party!

960663233_s3xaV-XL.jpg

nice guy from eastern oregon, at his first rally. i'm thinking he'll be back. :)

Thx ian:)

Randy"Polarbear"Owens here:). I enjoyed seeing these shots, LOL. I've actually never seen the underside of my GSA before, as you captured here, me in the mudhole:):):). Randy:dance

Randy"Polarbear"Owens here:). I enjoyed seeing these shots, LOL. I've actually never seen the underside of my GSA before, as you captured here, me in the mudhole:):):). Randy:dance

i didn't know whether to shoot your picture or help you pick up your beast! :ha

Back