• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cruz tools-BMW specific kit

Experience, no, but opinion, yes. What I've begun doing is making a list of repair jobs I might need to tackle while on the road. For example, plug a flat tire, patch up a valve cover, jump start or replace a dead battery, replace a bulb, add oil, etc. - in other words not service and not big repairs. With that in mind, the Cruz BMW kit appears fine, but I'd want to augment it with a tire pump, a fuel siphon, the BMW oil fill wrench, batt. jumper leads, and some parts (tire plugs, oil, bulbs, oil sight glass). With all that I think I could manage get to a real repair place in most cases.

I'm planning on ordering the M1 kit next week. I will also be adding a few items also. But overall, I think it will be a fine kit for the most part.

carrying a siphon is a great idea. I bought one of those primer bulbs that is used for outboards. Would have saved me a lot of time when I ran out on I-10 last summer. A fellow BMW rider on a much newer bike stopped to offer help, neither of us knew how to get gas out of his tank without a siphon.

A serious headwind and an 80 mph speed limit threw off my fuel calculations.

Back