• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Which threads have I read?

WalterK75

I find that after reading a thread and going back to the threads page, there is no indication of having read any threads. Might there be a way, at some point, to have the thread title change colour, or some other marker, that indicates which threads have been read during any particular logon?

I find that after reading a thread and going back to the threads page, there is no indication of having read any threads. Might there be a way, at some point, to have the thread title change colour, or some other marker, that indicates which threads have been read during any particular logon?
Right now Walter you are in the future forum area so there isn't a way to tell. In the regular forum area you can go to the "Forum Actions" button and there is a way to "Mark Forums Read" OM

I find that this version of VBulletin acts more or less the same way as the older one. If there are unread threads in a folder, the main page icon is a darker blue. Once I've read the threads and come back at a later time, the main page icon is usually changed to a dull grey...not always...sometimes the main page icon hangs as with the darker blue until a later time. Not sure why it doesn't change immediately, but it probably has something to do with page refresh or something. And as Gary says, use the forum tools to maybe force the change for later viewing.

Hmmmm . . . .

Tried the Mark Forums Read trick in all combinations, permutations--still nothing. No indication at all of which threads I've opened, either in the current session, or in previous sessions. The old format was better in this regard--does anybody have any ideas how to resurrect that function?

Eric

Thanks Kurt . . .

And thanks for the good long summary of the various pieces parts of the new format.

Don't want to beat this to death, but it seems to me that in the old format, once I opened a thread, the thread title changed from bold face to regular (or vice versa--I can't remember which), and stayed that way for succeeding sessions. Hence it was easy to relocate those threads I'd read. In the new format, I notice that some threads' titles are bold face, and others are not, but it has, apparently, nothing to do with whether I, as a viewer, have opened that thread. What is the significance of the bold face vs regular type in the thread titles in the new format?

Just wonderin' . . . .

Eric

What is the significance of the bold face vs regular type in the thread titles in the new format?

AFAIK, the bold face should indicate there are unread threads within the forum, and unread posts in specific thread. It appears that the bolding doesn't change quite like it should, but it eventually does turn off once you're read the posts or it just does it on it's own after an unknown period of time.

After reading a thread I saw no change in the font or appearance of the thread name. I went to the refresh button in my browser and reloaded the page and the text of the thread I had just read was changed. It appears that reloading the page this way shows which threads you have read in your current session.

Back