• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Western Michigan

J

Jfixit

Let me be the first from temporarily snow bound western Michigan to say congrats and thanks for the regional forums , I think it will be great.

Let me be the first from temporarily snow bound western Michigan to say congrats and thanks for the regional forums , I think it will be great.

Yeah, and those of us in the eastern part of the state can thank the western part for sending over all that lake effect junk! But it's a great place to live. :thumb

Yep, it's a GREAT place to live. Aside from being "retired" at age 52 (please, everyone, go buy a car or two), the winter don't bother me none. If it snows enough in Detroit, I can go x-country skiing. I can park the BMW and get out the Ural (harder to tip with 3 wheels).

So, send more snow over from the west!

Hey all; Boy this is going to be a LONG winter!!! This site should help pass the winter months (I hope) and keep me from kicking the dog or beating my head against the wall or any of the other things I tend to do when snowbound. By the way, anyone from the eastern side of the state who wants more snow can come and get ALL they want, right here!!! You want to here something TRUELY depressing? Winter doesn't even START for almost two weeks yet!!! Repeat after me... Bah, Humbug!!! Thanks for letting me vent, now back to wrenching. Vaya con Dios, Dutch

This is a neat set up. Now all of us in Michigan can trade snow report's.
Well in Hubbard Lake, my snow gauge measured 16 inches of the motorcycle stopping white stuff.

Take Care
Pat Carol

Great addition to an already awesome site...THANKS!

Chiming in on the winter thing, #%*!%$&! Argh. Well I guess I can sit around and complain, or go out and play in this stuff. Guess I'll play... I'm waxin' up the snowboard and skiis and headed out to Caberfae this weekend.

It's gonna be a long one this year.

I've recently seen both tire chains and tire studs for motorcycles. But they son't allow either in MI do they? At least they didn't the years I was there.

Bummer.

It's not so bad...

Had a semi-deicent day yesterday, weather wise (mid to upper 30's with light mist) so I was able to take a short one. Went about 30 miles round trip to Indiana to check the gas prices ($1.48 for reg.) and topped off while there. When I got home noticed that my mood seemed to be much better:brad . When I got up this morning hoping to be able to ride, looked out the window and the roads were white again.

Sigh...

I rather enjoyed the storm, it didn't seem to get too cold. We were getting about 1" per hour here:

View out the bedroom window
snow1.JPG

View down the street from the window
snow2.JPG

Driving around Sunday, I ran across this "sculpture"?
snow3.JPG

Nice Pics

I've heard Michigan has been dumped on pretty good already.

We're hoping for more of the white stuff in MN so we can ride our Polaris sleds!

Makes the winter go faster!

I've heard Michigan has been dumped on pretty good already.

We're hoping for more of the white stuff in MN so we can ride our Polaris sleds!

Makes the winter go faster!

We had one good storm last weekend (photos above were taken during/after it). It melted this week and iced up - I'd rather have the snow! Its been a quiet week, but is snowing here again today but not much is in the forecast. We don't have enough right now for sledding either :(

We had one good storm last weekend (photos above were taken during/after it). It melted this week and iced up - I'd rather have the snow! Its been a quiet week, but is snowing here again today but not much is in the forecast. We don't have enough right now for sledding either :(

You must not be getting any benefit from the lake effect snow fall.

You must not be getting any benefit from the lake effect snow fall.

That's what brought last weeks storm... if there was any this week, it must have swung north, we had rain, freezing rain, sleet, and another kind of rain ;)

Ah winter

40's next this weekend, when it hits 50, if the road is melted, OL' Sam and I or going out.

84 R100RT

Winter is nature's way of saying, "Up yours." ~Robert Byrne

Last edited:
Back