• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

geotags inbedded in photo's

R

rocketman

Some of you probably already know about this but I thought it might be interesting for anyone who posts pics esp. ones taken with a smart phone. Some of the newer cameras have this as well and it can be handy for remembering where one took a picture, I know there are plenty of times I wish I remembered where I took a pic! Sometimes I even take a pic with my iphone while shooting for just that reason but I never post those online.
If you know about it and remove the data before uploading them then you're safe, but many are not aware the data is there and that it can be easily viewed.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Web-Photos-That-Reveal-nytimes-2375510549.html?x=0&.v=1

RM

Back