• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route To 2013 International Rally from Atlanta, GA

Ross Bickers

I'm working on my route to and from the 2013 Rally. I live in Atlanta, GA, does anyone have suggestions from interesting roads, sights, and/or cities to include on my route. I'm using a BMW Navigator IV, so any electronic routes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ross Bickers

Ross,

It would really help if you would fill in your profile so we know what you ride, and tell us how much time you have for the trip, what sort of roads (or trails) you prefer, hotels vs camping, etc. There's a lot of turf between Georgia and Oregon. If you can flesh out your trip goals you might get some replies.

I'll be riding from Vermont. My plan is to haul buns on US Highways to the Nebraska Sandhills, then switch to the twistiest scenic roads I can find from there to the rally, camping most of the way west of the Mississippi. Along the way my dog and I will check out the Badlands, Black Hills, Devil's Tower, Beartooth Pass and Chief Joseph Byway, the Sawtooth Range, the West Cascades, Crater Lake, and Smith River Redwoods in northern Cal.

But if I only had a week it would be superslab all the way.

Pete

I'm working on my route to and from the 2013 Rally. I live in Atlanta, GA, does anyone have suggestions from interesting roads, sights, and/or cities to include on my route. I'm using a BMW Navigator IV, so any electronic routes will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ross Bickers

What do you ride and how long do you have? :evil

In 2010, I finally had the opportunity, and got organized enough, to earn my Ironbutt Saddlesore certificate, riding from ATL to Grand Island, NE. It was a great ride, and I got there early enough to have a great steak at Uncle Eds.

The rest of the way to Redmond took two weeks, through places like Lemhi Pass, remote sections of Idaho, the Red Rock Lake National Wildlife Refuge, Hells Canyon NRA and the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route.

Even if you're a pavement-only sort of rider, there are many great blue-road options available.

Ian

Back