• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New K75 member here too

fpgirard

Pascal Girard
Spurred by gawga_boy and his new K75 toy, I'm introducing myself too. Been a bmwmoa member since late July and been lurking for a while but it's time to say hello to all. I've been really enjoying everyone's posts. I've especially enjoyed reading Paul Glaves' article/posts about his adventures with his K75 and Voni. I knew about Old Smokey but didn't know that it was Paul's.

Gawga_boy, you'll love the K75. I've put almost 3,000 miles in the past 2 months - mostly touring the back roads of Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia with my neighbor, Jim McKenna. It's silky smooth and so graceful on the twisties.

A picture? Here's an autumn 2009 picture at the New Germany overlook taken by Jim. Jim has the K75RT and mine's the standard K75.

Looking forward to contributing to this great community - Pascal

Attachments

• New_Germany_Small.jpg
    New_Germany_Small.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 128
welcome! always liked those little city cases on the K75

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Well - my neighbors think I'm a thin Santa and my kids say that I look like a Russian cosmonaut. I figure that I'm visible to more than my neighbors and family. And I'm the only person in my hood with a bike so it's quite a scene.

You know what I'm really looking forward to besides this Thanksgiving weekend? It's learning how to work on my K75 - I'm mechanically inclined but with minimal experience on motorcycles. I've already starting perusing the tech sections of the forum and there's great advice on everything from oil changes to spline lub'ing. I'll start with the easy stuff first and wait for Tech days here in DC to do more complicated work.

And with winter on its way, we'll have all time to take care of our rides.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Pascal

Welcome fpgirard.

You got it I LOVE MY K75. I've put only 150 miles on it but can't wait to put some serious miles on it on the back roads.

Awesome

If DC should ever be on your list of destinations.... door's open. Jim and I are noodling on the western part of NC or Tennessee - Blowing Rock area. That'll probably be in the spring.

As you familiarize yourself with your bike, you'll start to appreciate how far the K75 can go in a day - it's that smooth. We've done 500 miles in 36 hours without effort.

Pascal

Welcome. Welcome to the BMW MOA Forum and to the world of the K75.

They are very capable bikes. You certainly can travel, and tour, and commute, and weekend ride them.

I'm sure you will like yours a lot as the years and miles go by.

As you familiarize yourself with your bike, you'll start to appreciate how far the K75 can go in a day - it's that smooth. We've done 500 miles in 36 hours without effort.

Pascal

Hi, Pascal,
You're just getting warmed up! The most I've done on any of my K75's is about 800 miles in a day - once from Hungry Mother State Park in southwest Virginia to Hope, AR, once from Macon, GA to Dallas, and once from Richmond, CA to Morenci, AZ. Any of those times I could have gone farther, but there were reasons to stop.

Wow

Did Paul and Voni actually respond to my introduction? Now that's worth way more than the price of admission to BMWMOA! Now to get back into the chair that I just fell from....

PHM - 800 miles in a day is impressive - Jim and I did about 360 the first day and it was all back country roads - Seneca Rocks, Blackwater Falls, and thereabouts - wonderful parts of Va and WV that Dale Coyner wrote about. It's a whole new world of beautiful country roads that I've overlooked from my car.

Now on to peruse posts in other sections of this forum before asking questions already answered...... thanks everyone!

pascal

Back