• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Will there be mutitrack training at the 2012 Rally?

aa3jy

Notice I changed the title from the 2011 inquiry..but the meaning is still the same. Maybe someday somebody will recognize that there is a need to provide training for those other than single track or MSF's version Trike training

Last edited:
Add me to the list. I'm attaching a Hannigan to my K12 the end of January. Been 30 years since I piloted a hack.

Those interested need to step up and submit a plan to the board to make it happen. The rally is run by volunteers. It's great to have an idea but many are already stretched thin.

This club is huge and only a very few have paid positions. It's volunteers that keep the wheels turning. Put a plan together, cultivate some contacts, and make it happen. Don't know what steps to take? I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Those interested need to step up and submit a plan to the board to make it happen. The rally is run by volunteers. It's great to have an idea but many are already stretched thin.

This club is huge and only a very few have paid positions. It's volunteers that keep the wheels turning. Put a plan together, cultivate some contacts, and make it happen. Don't know what steps to take? I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

+1. The MOA is like a hardware store. We have lots of tools and supplies, but you need to provide the the vision for something new and much of the effort to help build it. If anyone is interested in pursuing this good idea, please contact Ray Zimmerman in our headquarters office (or by using the message form on our web site) and he will put you in touch with the appropriate person, which could be our Rider Education Coordinator, the BMW MOA Foundation, or our 2012 Rally Chair. Thanks!

Sidecar Training at the 2012 Rally

Hi All,

I'm going to be presenting quite a few 2-wheel classes for the GS-Giants, Camp Gears and at the BMWMOA Rally.

If there is enough interest I'll find time to present one or two for three-wheels as well.

But here's the catch: Deb, the rally seminar chair, says she need to have a course description this month. Apparently the program goes to print, etc.

Soooo, if folks want a sidecar class I need to know what kind? Basic? Street? Off-Road? World sidecar travel? What?

Also would Thurday afternoon work? Classroom space on Friday and Saturday is limited.

Coach

Attachments

• Coach in the Dunes.jpg
    Coach in the Dunes.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 62
I have only been hacking for 5 years, but I have become quite proficient...I had good advice from a seasoned sidecar racer. I would be interested in something beyond entry level (street) instruction EXCEPT I will not be able to attend the National this year. I hope someone can 'get-er-done', and establish a precedent.

At Bloomsburg, I managed to get about 30 hacks together, and know there were about 20 others at the rally. For the past 5-6 Nationals, hacks represented approx 1-1.5% of attendees. I hope those numbers can help in gauging possible interest.

If no instructional course is available, someone should step up and organize a sidecar gathering. Most of us do not know many (or any) other hackers in our respective areas, and welcome the chance to kick tires/tell lies with fellow enthusiasts.

ps...I got out for my first ride today!

Last edited:
Base level Me Me!

I was hacking from '83 to '99. But I will be restarting June. A good review and learning what i do wrong would enhance my confidence and safety. I would be happy to help where you need me. (Heck I'd be happy to be your only student if it comes to that!) :gerg

I'll be showing up on a Ural Gear Up. I used to ride two wheel dirt (IT 175, XT500) On road with a r1200rt. But planning blue line/dotted line roads for the Ural.

Back