• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

GS-911 Owners list?

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
As a new owner of a GS911, I was wondering if there's a list of owners who'd:

be willing to allow another MOA member to use the device, or

could be contacted if someone needed one in their vicinity.

I'm sure this isn't the proper forum thread, but that'd be a good code to add to the Anonymous Book as well.

Maybe pass it up the line to the appropriate person?

Daryl

As a new owner of a GS911, I was wondering if there's a list of owners who'd:

be willing to allow another MOA member to use the device, or

could be contacted if someone needed one in their vicinity.

I'm sure this isn't the proper forum thread, but that'd be a good code to add to the Anonymous Book as well.

Maybe pass it up the line to the appropriate person?

Daryl

Unless you purchased the professional model, you are limited to 10 bikes.

Unless you purchased the professional model, you are limited to 10 bikes.

You can check for fault codes and read real time values without the VIN being recorded on the GS-911. Resetting a service reminder will record the VIN.
I confirmed this with one of the Hexcode guys at the National, also I checked someones bike this spring for faults and his VIN is not listed on my GS-911 now.

I believe you are limited to 10 users, not 10 bikes. Don't quote me on that but our club owns one and I believe that is the reason we keep it at one person's house but use it on many many bikes.

I believe you are limited to 10 users, not 10 bikes. Don't quote me on that but our club owns one and I believe that is the reason we keep it at one person's house but use it on many many bikes.

You probably keep it at one house because of the software on the computer.
You are limited to 10 VINs, the computer does not know if all 10 bikes belong to you, or 10 different people.

I've used my GS-911 on 3 bikes. I've checked different things, plus reset the service reminder on my bike and my wife's. I also checked for fault codes on another bike.
My GS-911 only has 2 VINs stored on it know.

Gs 911

I have the blue tooth pro model that has no limitations on VINs and I think this is an interesting idea. I would think this would be something for the Anonymous Book and worth approaching the MOA about creating another code to designate this in the book. It might also be helpful to create a small sticker/pin/patch or something that could be worn by the rider or put on the bike to identify them as a GS 911 holder/helper so that they could be spotted at rallys or other events by those needing help.

How/whom would be the point of contact at HQ for this? I'd think this would be a great code to put into the Anonymous Book, and perhaps a sticky thread somewhere in the Forum.

Good to know that as long as I'm using the device to read/reset fault codes, I can use it on as many bikes as I want.

DC

Back