• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I hate to point it out but.........

I tested my new tent (bigger and more mesh) and air mattress (I needed more padding) last night in Joplin. I put on the rain fly, and pulled it up, in case of rain it would take 2 minutes to pull down. It cools off nicely after 11. At 3 I woke stiff, pulled up some sleeping bag. At 6:30 I woke up, sun or otherwise I would still be sleeping. It was prime sleeping weather. I feel good this morning. Good as an ac motel room, no. Good enough,you bet.
Rod

Very helpful reconnaissance, thank you.

AccuWeather and NOAA have both removed the possibility of rain for Wed -Sun with the average daily high of 95.5 and an evening average low of 75.

Considering that the buildings at the rally are air-conditioned plus the fact that I will be riding from 4am-10am or after 7pm this doesnt sound too bad.

Can't wait!

It ain't hot in Missouri. See...not even 100 degrees at 630 pm!

Attachments

• thermometer.jpg
    thermometer.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 313
Barley and I covered a lot of ground today (500 miles isn't bad for a dog!) by riding early and seeking shade in the heat of the day. If rain hadn't prevented a power nap we could have tacked another couple of hours riding time at the end of the day.

Looking forward to Sedalia and meeting all the family members we didn't know we had!

Chuck - Actually, we'd have visited them as they live in Topeka!! But they are coming home for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary.

Here now

I got in last night around 10. Over 1200 miles yesterday in mostly light rain and clouds until I got to Illinois; then the heat hit. By the time I rolled in the air was warm and breezy. Sitting here in the RV camping...tent camping is locked with campers inside unable to leave. What is that all about? Met some great guys last night; think I will jsut camp here. This morning it is 70 with a light wind. Great day at the BMWMOA.

I got in last night around 10. Over 1200 miles yesterday in mostly light rain and clouds until I got to Illinois; then the heat hit. By the time I rolled in the air was warm and breezy. Sitting here in the RV camping...tent camping is locked with campers inside unable to leave. What is that all about? Met some great guys last night; think I will jsut camp here. This morning it is 70 with a light wind. Great day at the BMWMOA.

I'm surprised you were able to get into the rally that early. Are you a volunteer?

I wonder how many postings will appear criticizing the MOA for the hot weather this year, along with "I'll NEVER attend another National" or some such childish outburst.

See ya in a few days!!

The MOA doesn't control the weather??:)

The availability of air conditioned buildings will be a big improvement over last year, as well as the lack of (I hope) anything with flames at the closing ceremony. Headed west early Wednesday.:thumb

BOO my decision has been made. Due to the heat and my medical status (being treated for prostrate cancer), I am only gonna be there in my heart.
I was really looking forward to going, but since I am unable to ride for a couple months and my resistance being down, I am gonna have to pass.
Even driving would be unwise.

BOO my decision has been made. Due to the heat and my medical status (being treated for prostrate cancer), I am only gonna be there in my heart.
I was really looking forward to going, but since I am unable to ride for a couple months and my resistance being down, I am gonna have to pass.

Al - You can ride along with me. Stay safe and take care of yourself. Kicking cancer's butt is your first priority. I'll ride this one for ya!

Mark

Best wishes to you, Al.

Although I haven't had prostate cancer, I've had just about everything else. I'm the cornerstone of my urologist's practice.

Harry

Heat isn't stopping us!

For some, this weather can be life threatening, so certainly understand and respect the need to stay home. Your health is, and should always be, your main priority, but we will miss you!

It's been way too long since the hubby and I have made it to a Rally and this is the first one we are able to ride to together, so there is no way we are missing it because of the weather! We always say we can't plan vacations or any other event around the weather.

Planning on heading out early Thursday in hopes of avoiding the worst of it while riding, and will do the same on the return Sunday. Will have plenty of water for the ride and will make frequent stops to cool down as needed. And, personally, I plan to take advantage of the air conditioned buildings to help me through!

Cannot wait!!!

:clap :twirl

D - Agreed. It's what you make of it. Will it be hot - yes. Will I be uncomfortable - yes. Will we make the best of it - you bet! :groovy

D - Agreed. It's what you make of it. Will it be hot - yes. Will I be uncomfortable - yes. Will we make the best of it - you bet! :groovy

We survived Bloomsburg - thanks to the air conditioned college dorms and great food and people. I'll be staying in Eldon, Mo. Close to Sedalia and the Lake of the Ozarks. Plan on having a good time riding to and fro. Looking forward to meeting more Airheads!!!:wave

Mike Horne
76 R90/6
93 R100R Legend

Yes I will attend another national rally ,BUT not when it's this hot,this can be deadly indeed,wimp or not have fun!:violin

+1, Gunny; I fully agree with you Scottie on deadly heat, our bike is packed and ready to go: but my Son Seth and I are riding to the Colorado Rockies instead.

I have been here for two days

Great weather. Great people.

I wonder if some of you use the same excuses each year to not attend or do you trot out new ones?

I'll do my part to represent you from "da burbs" Al!! :usa (insert Illinois flag here)
Take care of yourself first, and know that more riding is at the end of the tunnel. :thumb

Back