• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

air mattresses

bandman

I have the luxury cot and the go- kot but thinks me might like a large air mattress that would be good for wife and I. She has decided to do the camping scene with me and I want to make it as comfortable as possible. I'm looking for a large inflatible good quality mattress. Any recommendations? Tent we have is a REI Taj 3.

Last edited:
Go for the Big Agnes system. Insulated air matress pad and a sleeping bag combination. They have various sizes and temp ranges. I have used my system for at least 5 years and will never go back to a Thermarest.

I have a Big Agnes for my solo trips, when my wife joins me with her bike, we use a Coleman queen size air mattress. I use a rechargeable pump for inflating both.

We switched from Thermarests a few years ago after my wife suffered a neck and shoulder injury. I found it so much more comfortable too, I got the smaller sized Big Agnes for my solo adventures since it packs super small. Space is less of a concern when you have two bikes with luggage. Still, the queen air matress rolled up is smaller than a pair of Thermarests anyway.

I have a Big Agnes for my solo trips, when my wife joins me with her bike, we use a Coleman queen size air mattress. I use a rechargeable pump for inflating both.

We switched from Thermarests a few years ago after my wife suffered a neck and shoulder injury. I found it so much more comfortable too, I got the smaller sized Big Agnes for my solo adventures since it packs super small. Space is less of a concern when you have two bikes with luggage. Still, the queen air matress rolled up is smaller than a pair of Thermarests anyway.

When I first got it I loved my Thermarest. After a few years I was absolutely ready to quit camping after too many sleep-little nights tossing and turning and aching. Voni got me a Big Agnes internally insulated air mattress. I love it. We didn't quit camping. Now we mostly camp while on the bikes, on the road, April-September.

I tried the Big Agnes, and while it was fantastic when I was on my back, I tend to toss around a bit and usually end up on my side. So I tried the Exped 7 DLX insulated inflatable and it works really well for me. I think the two products are equal, but each is suited to different sleepers.

A great set up

I'm using the Luxurylite Ultralight Cot and the Thermarest large NeoAir mattress and it is more comfortable than sleeping at home. Happy hunting. Don

mattress

Thanks, Don and others for the response. Don, did your round legs fold under after about an hour on the ultralite? I had one of the first ones, and they replaced the grey legs with the much black ones. I do love the kot but for ease of set up, I use the go-kot. Goes up quickly but it just weighs a little more and takes a little more room. I also put it UNDER the tent floor between the tent foot and the actually floor. It is better on the floor and stays put. No problems. A little trick I learned from this forum.

Not Yet...

I have the black circular legs on mine, haven't had a problem with them yet.
Don

Back