• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

I get to try Roadside Assistance

Rod Sheridan

Last month I replaced my 76 R90/6 with an F700GS.

Great new bike, until yesterday morning at 02:00 when I was getting ready to go to work and the bike went half-way through the start up checks and then the display went dark.

That's it, nothing happens when you turn the key.

So Wednesday BMW Roadside assistance will pick up the bike and take it back to the dealer where they can repair it and perform the break in service.

Funny thing, 500,000 thousand miles on 2 R90/6 bikes and zero in use failures.

I guess I just hit the infant mortality part of the curve..........LOL..............Regards, Rod.

Did it sit in the rain recently?

A rider at the Kansas rally had the same problem but in the ten minutes or so that he walked around looking for Paul to show him, the bike dried out and started . . .

Love simple solutions.

Voni
sMiling

Did it sit in the rain recently?

A rider at the Kansas rally had the same problem but in the ten minutes or so that he walked around looking for Paul to show him, the bike dried out and started . . .

Love simple solutions.

Voni
sMiling

Hi Voni, no it had been in the garage for seven days prior to the failure.

The simple solution would have me really worried that it wouldn't be repeatable in the shop, hence not correctable.

Have a good summer, are you going to Biltmore?

Regards, Rod.

Update, today Diann stayed home in the morning so the bike could be picked up.

The towing company came as scheduled which was very nice, however the driver said "They didn't tell me it was a motorcycle" so he couldn't pick up the bike. as he wasn't equiped for a bike.

Re-schedule in order...............Rod.

Update, today Diann stayed home in the morning so the bike could be picked up.

The towing company came as scheduled which was very nice, however the driver said "They didn't tell me it was a motorcycle" so he couldn't pick up the bike. as he wasn't equiped for a bike.

Re-schedule in order...............Rod.

That seems to happen a lot :banghead As you still have it at home, I was curious as to the battery voltage- as it sits and then as it cranks. OM

That seems to happen a lot :banghead As you still have it at home, I was curious as to the battery voltage- as it sits and then as it cranks. OM

Hi, it doesn't crank, it doesn't do anything. Initially the self check went about half way and then the entire display went dark..

Pick up has been re-scheduled for tomorrow morning.........Rod.

Hi Voni, no it had been in the garage for seven days prior to the failure.

The simple solution would have me really worried that it wouldn't be repeatable in the shop, hence not correctable.

Have a good summer, are you going to Biltmore?

Regards, Rod.

True.

We just might be at the Biltmore ;) Sounds like fun!

Voni
sMiling

Well the update is that bike was picked up the second time with a tilt bed.

The cause of the failure was a defective battery, much better than more complicated items...............Rod.

Back