• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Dont for get to bring _______ please fill in blank!!!

B

buckeyeclark

Okay as I stated in one of my earlier posts I have been wanting to attend a BMWMOA rally for a few years and have finally run out of excuses not to go!:dunno I am using the Sherpa service and my question to you grizzled veterans is this: What are the "must have" items I should definitely bring with me other than my bike, money, and clean underwear???? :blush

Sleep tight

Ear Plugs!!!!!!!!!!!
You might be sleeping next to Mr. Snore So-loud!

Thanks for the ideas it is quickly becoming obvious to me that I had neglected to think about the smaller things like bug spray and ear plugs and maybe even the Shamwow; although, I would like to take rubber hose to that guy in the commercial!!!:banghead I know this has nothing to do with this post; however, I just got back from my son and daughter's school award ceremony. He finished with a 3.99 GPA and she had a 3.6 GPA!!!!:dance Did I mention he is in third grade and she is in first grade???:D Hey it is still 3.6 and 3.99!!!!:heart

Go to Walmart and buy a $10/$15 headband camping flashlight. They look geeky but are great for camping, hands-free working in the garage and reading in bed. And some Sun screen.

Lynn
81 R65
Knoxville, Tn

Go to Walmart and buy a $10/$15 headband camping flashlight. They look geeky but are great for camping, hands-free working in the garage and reading in bed. And some Sun screen.

Lynn
81 R65
Knoxville, Tn

I can vouch for that. It was great when eating in the dark when you used both hands.

They do look geeky as heck, but it wasn't long before everyone else around me wished they had their own.

I'm thinking something like a Parawing or some such as at these events shade can be at a premium.

I have been accused of being Mr. Snore-So-Loud but I am in full denial. (GUILTY!) :snore

Bug Repellent and Ear Plugs are a necessity, but a good portable dop kit goes a long way, especially when you consider the wait you may have if you use the on-site showers at the most popular times (like 6:00-11:00am). My must-haves in this department are as follows:

Dop kit mesh bag:
I use a compact one with plenty of zip compartments and a big loop, so I can hang it on the clothes hook and grab what I need out of it, as I need it.

Camp towel:
Small, super absorbent and again with a loop so you can hang it from the clothes hook. These dry really fast, too.

Hotel size or liquid soaps.
Bring backup... I left my 1 bar in the showers on the first day of West Bend and you'd be surprised at the amount of stares you'll receive to the request "Hey do you have an extra soap on you?" :D

Flip Flops:
You can walk to and from the showers and it's much better to shower in these than stand barefoot on the floor of a shower stall after it's been used by about 500 prior occupants. YMMV.

Good luck! :thumb

I know that you are going the Sherpa route but for all other campers:

- extra tie down rope, some sort of hammer and pegs for your tent (a couple of rallies has some influencial weather patterns which uprooted a few folks... and one dog)
- duct tape
- multi-tool
- lighter (those little butane lighters that double as a portable solding iron)
- good cigars (don't forget your friends on that one)
- very basic but, even a three legged stool if you have the room
- ditto on that 'head light'
- something for side stand while parked on grass (aka mud, as per item one above)
- air mattress repair kit and small 12v inflater
- we have one of those tiny, collapsible aluminum tables. You'd be amazed how valuable that is both camping and as a tool holder if you have to tinker with the bike at any point.
- lots of other obvious things I suppose but I would finally add:
bring a sense of humor, a positive attitude and, if possible, someone to share this wonderful experience with. Enjoy! We can't be there so we wish you well in this experience. -Bob

Last edited:
bring a friend. :p

I would love to bring my "friend" (wife); however, she was unable to get the time off during the rally dates! We start our yearly family vacation (522 miles from Johnson City) on July18th so my time at the rally will be cut a little short; but, at least I am finally getting to go...if only for a couple days!

I guess since I can't bring my "friend" I will just have to make some new ones!!!:thumb

Back