• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Would you welcome a "vendor section" in our "Flea Market"?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vendors - Yes
Members Only - Yes
Discounts for members from vendors for having the privilege to join our site - Yes
I vote ÔÇô Yes

I can't even find the bikes for sale that I always used to look at.
Who ruined this website ?????
Rick

I may be in the minority, however I agree with Rick.

The new forum type format for looking at ads for motorcycles, in one word, SUCKS!

I'm in the market for buying another motorcycle, but this is going to be the last place I look. It is just way too hard to wade through all the stuff, and find anything that's in any type of order or logic.

Really? How hard can it be? [search] forum input what ya want.

Me thinks it's the change folks don't like. Actually it's even easier now.

What Ever. It's not like I don't bitch about anything around here. :brad

on line vendors

Is the advertising revenue of the magazine going to suffer if vendors are online.Maybe no magazine space no online space?

It is just way too hard to wade through all the stuff, and find anything that's in any type of order or logic.

BMW Motorcycles

Other Motorcycles

Apparel/Gear

BMW Parts

Accessories

Aftermarket accessories fitting BMWs

Sidecars/Trailers

Things Wanted

Things to Trade

I'm lost on this "wade through", "any kind of order" problem. Kurt took the basis of the categories we have now from the flea market that used to be. There hasn't been enough posting to/for anything to get out of order- and the Mod Team has been able to help those with posting errors. :dunno OM

I'm in the market for buying another motorcycle, but this is going to be the last place I look. It is just way too hard to wade through all the stuff, and find anything that's in any type of order or logic.

In the Flea Market go to "BMW Motorcycles".
In the upper right of the page, click on "Search forum".
Enter the type of bike you're shopping for and click on "Search" or hit enter.
Now you only have to look at the ads containing the type of bike you want.

I voted NO as a way of pointing out the absurdity of the wording of the questions.

Come on, you can do better than that. :stick

I'm wading into the conversation late, as usual... I do not find the current forum based flea market to be bothersome.

Several of the "old" FM features that I miss are:

1) the thumbnail image that allowed you to visually identify an item (instead of having to read through each post.
2) IIRC, Member information was accessible, which allowed for a somewhat more confident purchase.
3) Multiple images (weren't there) As it stands now many sellers request that you contact them for return images... too cumbersome, and time consuming.

It's been so long, I forget. Were non-members allowed to post. ARE non-members allowed to post now? If so, why?

Lew -

Yes, the "new" Flea Market is the best we could do in the interim. When the new forum comes along, it should go back to the way it was before. As to your questions:

1) Sorry, that's a few of the old FM

2) You can click on the Member's username and get information about them, as much as has always been available IIRC. Unless they've filled out their member info or provide it in the post, that's about it.

3) I think what I'm seeing is that the people who are posting in the in-forum FM typically never came to the forum at all, based upon the low post count of many of the sellers. Thus, I'm guessing they don't know how to upload pictures. Yes, the forum policy has always limited the number of pictures per post to one, but why not post mulitple times with more pictures. Some are doing that.

The FM now and before has always been member only AFAIK. This current thread is to gauge the interest in expanding that to include Vendors which are TBD. Most likely Vendors will still be members who want to advertise a product they sell. The difficult part is running that along side the advertisers in the ON (also Vendors) who don't have access to the forum or don't know much about it. Cross-pollination would be good. How to do that is a question.

Vendors thread? Yes as long as people can give their candid opinion of the vendors

Yes!!

Vendors thread? Yes as long as people can give their candid opinion of the vendors.

They must in some way be held accountable to the organization for what they say/advertise and others should be freely be able to comment about their products. I mean, do people REALLY pay $200 for a pair of gloves?

I guess I am from an age when money was hard to come by.

Vendor

The voting is great. Comments are great.

But is anybody actually do anything about it?

Or is this just some kind of rant page?

So?

I may be in the minority, however I agree with Rick.

The new forum type format for looking at ads for motorcycles, in one word, SUCKS!

Then don't look at it!

"vendor section" - no thanks

A section for special offers/discounts to MOA members from Vendors - sounds good!

Members to Members (for fledgling business's like Jim's) absolutely!

Members to Members (for fledgling business's like Jim's) absolutely!

Why thank you...

That's why I asked the question.
I was selling a few custom hats in the Flea Market and was asked to refrain as the "rules" dictate no vendors.
So... I put forth the poll questions.
Don't wanna break the rules... :brow

483088_378477508915561_1088694083_n.png

385303_378019725628006_932528545_n.png

Why thank you...

That's why I asked the question.
I was selling a few custom hats in the Flea Market and was asked to refrain as the "rules" dictate no vendors.
So... I put forth the poll questions.
Don't wanna break the rules... :brow

483088_378477508915561_1088694083_n.png

385303_378019725628006_932528545_n.png

Isn't the roundel the IP of BMW?

Do you have permission to us it?

After all MOA and the Chartered Clubs went thru with the logos because BMW is protecting their IP, I'm wondering how you can sell apparel with the roundel on it if you don't have an agreement with BMW.

Isn't the roundel the IP of BMW?

Do you have permission to us it?

After all MOA and the Chartered Clubs went thru with the logos because BMW is protecting their IP, I'm wondering how you can sell apparel with the roundel on it if you don't have an agreement with BMW.

Some time ago my parents had a vacuform license plate business. You could purchase copyright registered trademark molds, as the roundel, and manufacture and sell your items.
Perhaps Jim's embroidery program is registered.

Back