• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Calgary To Sedalia

Looking for Route suggestions to travel to Sedalia from Calgary. Looking at entering the USA from Saskatchewan then North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska or Iowa, and Missouri. Leaving on the the 13th.
Is there a better way?
Thanks looking forward to seeing everyone.
Joe

It sounds like the route you are proposing will take you through a lot of flat. Would it be possible to go due south from Calgary and ride through mountain terrain before coming out on the east side to flat on the way to Sedalia? Might be more interesting, but time could be a factor for you.

Make a LOOP:)

Ride the Rockies South into Colorado and head EAST. Colorado to Mo. is a two day event if you hurry along. Add a third day if you go slow and sightsee:). 1 day if you IronButt it...I just rode US50 across the USA coming through Kansas, Missouri and so on, nice ride from Colorado to rally. Yep, a lot of flat, but much to see still if you're interested in Americana back roads:). Randy

Joe - I've got some route options that will include about 80% rated roads. We'll need to get together and I'll show you one the maps. Having said that, suggestions are great!

Joe, I would head south thru Great Falls, cross into Wyoming via Beartooth Pass and then East on Chief Joseph Hwy, thru the Bighorn Mtns. and then find a path thru the Black Hills. From there you just need to plot a path East... personally I would work my way south thru central Nebraska and Kansas and then head straight East towards Missouri. I would really avoid the Missouri River valley between Omaha and Kansas City in July. Hot, Humid and lots of traffic on that section of Interstate.

We will leave early on the 13th and need to be back on the 29th.

I'm with Polarbear!

You have time to take a better route, as said earlier, a lot for flat lands the way you have planned.
Take a look at getting south by riding down through Idaho to Colorado then cut east.

I'm with Polarbear!

You have time to take a better route, as said earlier, a lot for flat lands the way you have planned.
Take a look at getting south by riding down through Idaho to Colorado then cut east.

+++1

Beartooth is a must run - a bit windy on the east side of the mountains all the way down (but you are used to that now anyhow).

Ride well:)

Bring it South, love seeing those far North plates on bikes. The middle USA is like middle Canada indeed, BUT can be very intersting too riding the rolling prairies. Do some homework, find the cool stuff to see along middle USA. Its there, done it manymany times over. One of my favorites in Canada was Regina, Sask. and the Mounties Academy there:). Look for the Corn Palace in Nebraska, or the Pony Express stations all about that area too. Amazing HOW far they rode a horse in a day! Kansas has US50 and Dodge City and much more. IF you get off the Interstates and move East on US Highways, you'll have a greater time of it and still make good time. :usa

Last minute count down, ready or not here we come.
Friday morning and we are on the road, can't wait to head out again
warm here in preparation for hot 30 degrees C in the day.

Back