• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2009 National Rally Vendor List Link

wuli959

off of the rally website the vendor list link derives this in a notepad (windows) file when clicked using explorer:

#content{background-color:#000;}
#sidelinks,#quicklinks {
background-color:#F3F87C;
padding:.3em 0;
}

etc . . .

Last edited:
You've got something 'effed up with your links. The first one has an extra "rally09" in the link...there should only be one. The second link has a "//" in the URL which doesn't work for an address.

I went to this page off the top of the home page:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally09

did Ctrl-F and searched for Vendor. The second match is a link to the vendor list that works fine.

There is an issue with the presentation of the vendor page - it should be much wider (and easier to read!). Looking into it...

As to why the previous links generated bad content, those links, as noted, aren't any of those I've found on the site. :dunno

Same Problem Here

When I click on the Rally Vendor List ....

#content{background-color:#000;}
#sidelinks,#quicklinks {
background-color:#F3F87C;
padding:.3em 0;
}

#sidelinks p {color:#fff;}
#newsleft {
line-height:1.2em;
margin-bottom: 24px;
padding-right: 25px;
}

snip ...

a.gianthometitle{
color:#33a;
font-size:16px;
font-weight: bold;
text-decoration: none;
line-height: 1.1em;
}

You've got something 'effed up with your links. The first one has an extra "rally09" in the link...there should only be one. The second link has a "//" in the URL which doesn't work for an address.

I went to this page off the top of the home page:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally09

did Ctrl-F and searched for Vendor. The second match is a link to the vendor list that works fine.

:scratch
I'm just copying the html addresses from the properties of the links. What is "'effed up" is being copied from there and is the defect that I am communicating for correction.

Consider that the defect you see in the links that I posted are what is on the the MOA site at a different location then you are reviewing.
:dunno

:scratch
I'm just copying the html addresses from the properties of the links. What is "'effed up" is being copied from there and is the defect that I am communicating for correction.

Consider that the defect you see in the links that I posted are what is on the the MOA site at a different location then you are reviewing.
:dunno

I wasn't suggesting that you were hand typing those URLs, but it does appear that the MOA website has some errors... The structure of the first link you suggest is definitely wrong, although it does download a page for some reason. However, the second link, which you indicate provides garbage when clicked, seems to work fine...I can't seem to find the one that has the extra "rally09" in the URL.

From the Rally Prize Bikes link off the MOA home page

2009 Rally: The Prize Bikes

Under that linked story are additional links below "More 2009 Rally Info:"

This is the link that I was having problems with:

2009 BMW MOA Rally Vendor List

Found and fixed
There are several people that post content in this new site. One link below "more info" was entered incorrectly. These things happen. Sorry about the difficulty.

In the future, an email to webmaster@ or other appropriate email (see contact page) is a much preferred way to communicate with those that post content and maintain the site.

Back