• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

We're back! Sort of...

happy wanderer

Day Dreaming ...
Sort of. The link to the forum from the main MOA site page is still says the forum is down but my old home page link started working today. I hope we get the rest of the site back up pretty soon!

The link to the forum at the top of the page goes to a temporary URL for the announcement. Thus URL, ending in php, is and will be the forum just as it has in the past. I'm sure shortly, the office will change the link at the top of the page to point correctly.

Severe.....withdrawals......must.......have..........oil-thread..........or.........starting problem.......postings....

slippery slopes

Severe.....withdrawals......must.......have..........oil-thread..........or.........starting problem.......postings....

A friend about 73 yrs old just bought a 1600 GTL. He called and asking about oil. Seems his manual says 5w40 which isn't readily available and sounds like oil changes will be very expensive. Makes me glad I have an airhead. So uncomplicated. Actually the GS is uncomplicated too, just in a more hi tech refined way.

Since we just had a very thorough oil thread for airheads, maybe you could lurk at the K1600 and R1200GSWC forums for a fix.

I had to sign in via the MOA home page & was then told to use my member # as the password.
Is that to be considered a secure password? :scratch:scratch:scratch

I was told that this posed no real issue with security of the forum. However, you should change your password to something that works for you as soon as possible.

Sort of. The link to the forum from the main MOA site page is still says the forum is down but my old home page link started working today. I hope we get the rest of the site back up pretty soon!

Originally Posted by kantuckid
I had to sign in via the MOA home page & was then told to use my member # as the password.
Is that to be considered a secure password?
I was told that this posed no real issue with security of the forum. However, you should change your password to something that works for you as soon as possible.

I tried to reset my pw and got an error message. Sweepstakes ticket and rally fee ( see you there, Mike ), had to be completed over the phone as the online payment option wasn't working. I am glad the forum's back. Doug

I tried to reset my pw and got an error message. Sweepstakes ticket and rally fee ( see you there, Mike ), had to be completed over the phone as the online payment option wasn't working. I am glad the forum's back. Doug

I hope the office took note of this failure. That was the whole purpose of switching the MOA homepage was so that on-line transactions could be conducted easily.

I reset my PW without a problem a few days ago. Now sure why you would have an issue. I would try again...if still getting an error, call the office. The moderators don't have that kind of control.

Originally Posted by kantuckid
Is that to be considered a secure password?

I haven't tried buying tickets or registration yet but I am busy raising a posse to storm the border in July. If they lay off many more of those poor guys it should be easy! :thumb

FWIW my password change went off without a hitch the second time. I think things were still in a state of flux on my first attempt. The rain gave me forum withdrawal but setting some valves and changing some oil and filters and stuff made me better. :whistle

I hope the office took note of this failure. That was the whole purpose of switching the MOA homepage was so that on-line transactions could be conducted easily.

I reset my PW without a problem a few days ago. Now sure why you would have an issue. I would try again...if still getting an error, call the office. The moderators don't have that kind of control.

I tried again today and it worked. My secrets are safe.
Doug

For some reason, I have to sign in every time I open the forum. Didn't used to have to do that...

John -

It's a known problem for the MOA homepage, but doesn't seem to be for the forum, at least for me. Some others who aren't running Windoze IE say they're having a problem. If most people are working OK, then I'm guessing there's some kind of setting on your machine that is forcing this? :dunno I will say that I had to clear my temporary internet files the other day for some reason, and now my personal portal page/email account forces me to sign in all the time...and I'm running IE.

A friend about 73 yrs old just bought a 1600 GTL. He called and asking about oil. Seems his manual says 5w40 which isn't readily available and sounds like oil changes will be very expensive. Makes me glad I have an airhead. So uncomplicated. Actually the GS is uncomplicated too, just in a more hi tech refined way.

Since we just had a very thorough oil thread for airheads, maybe you could lurk at the K1600 and R1200GSWC forums for a fix.

Castrol and BMW have 5w40, both synth and the BMW available at any BMW dealer. Some folks are older and less able than others at age 70 :)

Back