• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Pied Piper Run to Redmond

Bud

It is what it is.
One successful event that has taken place on the way to the "UN Rally", put on by the BMW Sports Touring group, is a Pied Piper Run. Folks start out from far away and pick up others en-route. The group gets larger the closer it gets to the site. Some folks offer places to sleep inside. Some offer camp spots. Some choose to sleep at motels. It can all be very informal and flexible.

A couple of years ago, when the UN was in W. VA, we had 17 at our house two days before the event. Lots of fun. Can be loosely organized. Many different Pied Piper Runs can take place simultaneously and this forum is the perfect place to make it happen.

Here is a picture that was taken on our front porch during the stop over in 07.

1262445638.jpg

Notice the rider was only PART of the gear, some of the time. :laugh

And then there was

190890437-L.jpg

Ice Cream

And a mini tech day

190886950-L.jpg

And a group photo

190892129-L.jpg

Photos taken by Jamie kmg-365 on the BMW Sports Touring Forum

I hope you all can get a sense of how much fun this could be. Memories that will last a lifetime.

Last edited:
This sounds like a great idea! Unfortunately, living in Vermont, there probably won't be that many looking to camp out in my meadow.

I thought there might be more response to this suggestion. :dunno

Maybe a few will try it this year and it will become a tradition.

Pied Piper

I was unable to go to the UnRally last August, but met up with the group coming through from California via Nevada and Alberta
Nice evening North of Toronto at a host home - BBQ, stories, etc
Rode with them a bit Saturday morning and bid them safe travel before return home. Nice way to meet fellow Riders and people I had corresponded with on the SportTouring Forum :D

Hi Bud,
I'm back on the site after too long away...so is there any proposed route for this, or any plan that would be useful to know?

Hi Bud,
I'm back on the site after too long away...so is there any proposed route for this, or any plan that would be useful to know?

Veg,

No plan, no route.

I was just tossing out an idea and thought this forum was the place.

All that it would need is for folks to start posting their interest in doing it and where they are located.

Entirely member planned. No one has to be "in charge".

It's most likely a new concept to many members and they may not be interested, or some may be.

I'm have to be at the rally site by Monday evening so I doubt there would be any other folks that would want to go that early.

I was unable to go to the UnRally last August, but met up with the group coming through from California via Nevada and Alberta
Nice evening North of Toronto at a host home - BBQ, stories, etc
Rode with them a bit Saturday morning and bid them safe travel before return home. Nice way to meet fellow Riders and people I had corresponded with on the SportTouring Forum :D

Hi Jim, it was fun to meet you Ontarians (?) last summer! :wave

Back