• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a pic of your Airhead

1977 r100s

The bike just arrived from Michigan. I bought it from my cousin, it has been in storage in his garage for 25 years. Will begin getting it road worthy immediately, and am hoping the restoration will be relatively painless. Have always wanted an airhead, more specifically an S, even more specifically my cousins S. Cosmetically it is nearly perfect, I'm loving it!

Last edited:
The bike just arrived from Michigan. I bought it from my cousin, it has been in storage in his garage for 25 years. Will begin getting it road worthy immediately, and am hoping the restoration will be relatively painless. Have always wanted an airhead, more specifically an S, even more specifically my cousins S. Cosmetically it is nearly perfect, I'm loving it!

Now this is a primo bike!! Best of luck!!!!!

nice, bike but lose the tires!

Seriously, those old continentals handle scary bad when new, especially on bridge grating and rain grooves. Likely they are originals and I wouldn't take a chance on them. I like Avon Roadrunners in the proper 4.0" and 3.25" sizes but others may work just as well. Very clean looking bike. Enjoy.

76r90/6

PV Dr. East, Catalina Island in backround.

Attachments

• 141 (2) (1024x768).jpg
    141 (2) (1024x768).jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
k75s, I kind of posted that one knowing you would eventually run into it. :)

jwgee2, my hots for the Oilhead S bikes are well documented. Among Airheads, I have a weakness for the R100RS. Thanks for posting. How did you end up with that bike?

My airhead along the Potomac River at Marshall Hall, Maryland.

Attachments

• 20130425_134625-1.jpg
    20130425_134625-1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 680
Beautiful !!!!

[/URL]
[/QUOTE]

Pair of boxers

Here are my 2 cafe builds. Hopefully more to come... all I need is free time and money! :thumb

Attachments

• ShaneJoshRide_mg_6077lrC.jpg
    ShaneJoshRide_mg_6077lrC.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 479
My '77 R100 S
finishedFront.jpg

finishedcockpit.jpg
I've since swapped out the Corbin gunfighter seat for a Denfeld with the glove box under your 'nuts'. It is a great seat for the wife and I.
Instragram photo enhanced the colors a bit. The bike is actually a dark blue.:blah

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    136 KB · Views: 480
I bought this 1990 BMW R100 GS new in October 1991 and drove it till I parked it in 2001. Thats the trouble with buying extra motorcycles. I bought a KLR 650 as well as two R1150 GS Adventures and they took the airhead GS's place....till now.

These pics after taking the exhaust pipe headers off for a recoating of the exhaust nuts with anti-seize and replacement of the gaskets (now aluminum) between them and the muffler/collector.

Sorry about the "driveway" pics which some of you know, I really dislike.

1990%20BMW%20R100%20GS%20-%20Left%20Side-L.jpg

1990%20BMW%20R100%20GS%20-%20Right%20Side-L.jpg

While I had them off to replace the gaskets between the header pipes and front muffler/collector, I buffed up the header pipes...
1990%20BMW%20R100%20GS%20-%20Right%20Cylinder%20Header%20Pipe-L.jpg

1990%20BMW%20R100%20GS%20-%20Left%20Cylinder%20Header%20Pipe-L.jpg

1990%20BMW%20R100%20GS%20-%20Final%20Drive-L.jpg

Edited to add: August 1st. My first ride on my R100 GS since I parked it just over ten years ago. What a difference to the oilhead R1150 GS Adventures I have been riding since 2003. The airhead GS is so much more nimble and everything else...a real GS, period!

Last edited:
Back