• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Feedback

tonynace

How about somebody in charge doing an online survey after each national rally so members could give feedback so that the experience at the next rally can be improved? I remember one rally where we were given a paper to fill out at the closing ceremonies, but that was only one year and then it stopped. It would be easier to do this once we are back home and online, plus it would be much easier for rally organizers to see what the biggest problems were and for future organizers to plan ahead so we don't have a repeat of the problems.

Great Rally

Don't change a thing, it was one of the best rallies I've ever attended.

Really? So you had no problem with the long waits for shuttles, the crappy food, or any of the other stuff that wasn't up to par for this rally?

Interesting...I ate there all week, and had good food with a wide selection. When I go to a rally, I don't expect 5 star dining. ( I go to a 5-star restaurant for that)....I ate at the Chop House (and had very good ribs)...at Jacksons I had an excellent fresh fruit plate (huge for $2.00), a pulled pork salad, and the usual rally/fair food. May not have been a large selection of "healthy" food, but I've attended a few rallies, and thought this selection good. I didn't hear about long shuttle waits, but this is a free service that MOA provides to rally goers, and this year the volunteer drivers were hard to come by.

Really? So you had no problem with the long waits for shuttles, the crappy food, or any of the other stuff that wasn't up to par for this rally?

Wow! My wife and I ate all but one meal on site. We didn't have one bad bite. The Pork Palace, The Beef Place and the Poultry Pantry all had good food at a fair price. This was not your normal rally food.

The shuttles were a nice touch in such hot weather. If we waited too long, we walked for a while and sure enough we either got where we were headed or caught a ride.

We worked a shift on the Sanitation committee and looked at all the showers and rest rooms. Only one needed paper products and that was takened care of in a few minutes.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I did not have the same experience.

Best,

Rob

here was one place not to be named but the owner was sinister. It was not very good, but it did not make me sick, the primary fear at one of these things.

The beef palace, expensive but very good steak by fair standards, I have paid more for worse. The shriners, excellent. Every other place was good.

Only other bad experience was my fault, evidently finishing an ice cream and washing it down with beer is a bad move. :banghead Good part is I turned in early, got good rest and no hangover, which was not the plan. I needed the rest for the ride home in the furnace.

We need tee shirts, I don't fear hell, I survived Sedalia or something.

Rod

Well, I walked or rode my bike around the fairgrounds and saw a non-stop flow of shuttle trams making their rounds and had some very tasty meals on site. Perhaps you would be willing to volunteer on next years planning committee to ensure that 2013 is up to your standards.:thumb

This will be my last

I've been to a few Rallies and camped at the events too, but this year will be my last. The vendors and food were great, but why anyone would schedule an outdoor activity like this in the 3rd week of July is beyond me. Coming into Sedalia we saw 107 on the thermometer and 102 at the Fairgrounds. It was hot in Wisconsin, Vermont, Ohio and Pa, all scheduled during this time of year. Camping in this weather with no shade is insanity. The roads getting there...??

I thought we were also through with the black t-shirts. Until they move the date, I'm done.

Well, apparently other members had a different experience than mine at the rally. But those voicing an opinion here are only a few of the many members that attended. We should hear from all of them by putting a survey out after each rally. It is an easy thing to do with Survey Monkey or a similar site and would give a much more accurate way of measuring how satisfied people were with the rally and how we can make it better.

One giant infomercial. Liked the tour and travel seminars as well as the sidecar mfg. A $12.00 kids backpack reshaped to fit a m/c tank poorly for a couple hundred or a fabric jacket for more than I have paid for a good used Suzuki doesn't do much for me. Saw how I can add $60 worth of confor foam to fix my seat.

I like my Timex better than your Rolex. It works better and I don't worry about losing it.

Well, I walked or rode my bike around the fairgrounds and saw a non-stop flow of shuttle trams making their rounds and had some very tasty meals on site. Perhaps you would be willing to volunteer on next years planning committee to ensure that 2013 is up to your standards.:thumb
Well I'd love to if it was closer and had more time to do so. I've worked the shuttles before at a couple of rallies because our club was in charge of them. We had them running good with no complaints. You didn't notice the problems at this year's rally because you were not riding them. You just noticed a couple as you were passing by. The shuttles were bunched up a lot with one coming close after the other instead of spread out like they should be, they shut down early and started later than they were supposed to as well.

One giant infomercial. Liked the tour and travel seminars as well as the sidecar mfg. A $12.00 kids backpack reshaped to fit a m/c tank poorly for a couple hundred or a fabric jacket for more than I have paid for a good used Suzuki doesn't do much for me. Saw how I can add $60 worth of confor foam to fix my seat.

I like my Timex better than your Rolex. It works better and I don't worry about losing it.

Interesting point of view...
Ron

The thread started out with a good suggestion How about a survey to see how things can be improved? Good idea that then deteriorated into a a food/bus argument?? Everything can be improved BMW motorcycles, Honda Autos, etc. etc. thats why they do surveys....So if anyone in charge knows of one of the old surveys but it up and see what happens..maybe a positive idea or two will come from it!!!

The thread started out with a good suggestion How about a survey to see how things can be improved? Good idea that then deteriorated into a a food/bus argument?? Everything can be improved BMW motorcycles, Honda Autos, etc. etc. thats why they do surveys....So if anyone in charge knows of one of the old surveys but it up and see what happens..maybe a positive idea or two will come from it!!!
THANK YOU! That's the point I was trying to get across, but this thread got off the track of what I wanted. I hope somebody in a position to do something reads this and makes a post rally survey an automatic thing every year.

OK. So there wasn't a form to fill out! Feedback can be provided in lots of other ways.
Just by posting here is a perfect example. You can bet that every board member is reading these posts and will act on any good suggestion brought out.
Often the posts are of the same complaining nature on the same subjects that have been beaten to death for years. That stuff may or may not be responded to, but on the whole, everything printed here gets noticed .
Another way to provide feedback is through your local Ambassador. They're all listed in the Anon. book. Fielding complaints and suggestions goes with the territory of being an Ambassador. I know. I am one!
As far as the food goes, I tried out most of the food vendors and can say that it wasn't all that bad. When we have an event like this we don't always have a say about who will be feeding us on site. On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. Can't say much about that hamburger with peanut butter on top, but that was only one place. No. I chickened out and didn't try it.
The trams worked fine for me but they did tend to bunch up at times. This was noted and most likely be addressed for next year.
We're always trying to improve the National Rally experience and make changes from year to year based on what we all write about and hear from the membership. So don't stop suggesting and volunteering. Your thoughts do NOT fall on deaf ears.

OK. So there wasn't a form to fill out! Feedback can be provided in lots of other ways.
Just by posting here is a perfect example. You can bet that every board member is reading these posts and will act on any good suggestion brought out.
Often the posts are of the same complaining nature on the same subjects that have been beaten to death for years. That stuff may or may not be responded to, but on the whole, everything printed here gets noticed .
Another way to provide feedback is through your local Ambassador. They're all listed in the Anon. book. Fielding complaints and suggestions goes with the territory of being an Ambassador. I know. I am one!
As far as the food goes, I tried out most of the food vendors and can say that it wasn't all that bad. When we have an event like this we don't always have a say about who will be feeding us on site. On the other hand, the gates were never locked down and there were a good variety of restaurants in town that were worthy. Can't say much about that hamburger with peanut butter on top, but that was only one place. No. I chickened out and didn't try it.
The trams worked fine for me but they did tend to bunch up at times. This was noted and most likely be addressed for next year.
We're always trying to improve the National Rally experience and make changes from year to year based on what we all write about and hear from the membership. So don't stop suggesting and volunteering. Your thoughts do NOT fall on deaf ears.
I doubt that they have time to read all the posts on here. A survey would give them a quick look at what the biggest issues were at a glance, and then they could maybe do a post about a particular issue after that. As far as food vendors, I don't know if we could have any more control over that, but I and I'm sure a lot of others, prefer to stay at the rally to eat, especially in this really hot weather when it is a real bother to get geared up again to take a short ride to eat outside.

Rally fedback

Yes, it was hot, marginal food is available worldwide, and the shuttles didn't run like the trains in the Fatherland. Did you meet new and old friends, did you learn anything new about BMW's or the club, did you test ride a new model, did you get to ride in a new part of the country, do you have any stories to tell your friends that didn't attend? I thought it was a great rally, the facility was one of the best, the locals were friendly, and the MOA put on a fantastic 40th celebration (even though I didn't win swat!) Look on the bright side, you survived........

Yes, it was hot, marginal food is available worldwide, and the shuttles didn't run like the trains in the Fatherland. Did you meet new and old friends, did you learn anything new about BMW's or the club, did you test ride a new model, did you get to ride in a new part of the country, do you have any stories to tell your friends that didn't attend? I thought it was a great rally, the facility was one of the best, the locals were friendly, and the MOA put on a fantastic 40th celebration (even though I didn't win swat!) Look on the bright side, you survived........
Yes, overall I had a good time. I just want to make it even better the next time and a survey would help do that. Nothing wrong with trying to improve the experience.

Back