• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Airheads.org

miairhead

Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.:dunno

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70

i actually just joined a few weeks ago and have never been able to access the site at all. emailed them a few times but nobody will get back to me. i received a postcard with my number and actually just got an issue of airmail the other day, but still can't get anyone to help with accessing the site. kinda bummed about it.

I am getting the impression that little more than a change of facade has yet been done. Don't know just what else they will do in the near future. Do know I got some feedback from the assist. memb. that sounds just like the head memb. guy.

The gist of the attitude pervasive, You got a problem?? We like our hoops just fine. It's your job to figure out how to jump through them. If you can't do that, we don't want you as a member.

The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.

Something like 90% of the sites I visit offer:

Quick and easy login, easy to find and change address, easy to confirm dues status and secure online payment. No stamps or email back and forth required at all. This is simple enough to do that it has become the norm for most volunteer and private and commercial sites.

Still hoping for improvements to more than just the facade.

Despite the website problems, the value of just one Barley Therapy session always exceeds the piddling $25 yearly dues.

Sooner or later the current crop of volunteers will be replaced and hopefully with people that like to solve problems, not maintain and perpetuate them.

The site is working perfectly for me, as-is. Of course I'm using Opera but it's working for other people as well.!

Remember, youre going to have to sign in with your AH ID # and not all of the sites functions are up and running yet.

Give the web team some time. They're doing a good job despite the lousy wages.

Last edited:
The site is working perfectly for me, as-is. Of course I'm using Opera but it's working for other people as well.!

I suspect it might have something to do with not having a refresh or something like that with your browser...too many other people are having problems. I have emailed someone asking them the status...he posts here from time to time...I hope he'll pop in and update us.

The webmaster has been quite the opposite. Send him an inquiry and not more than a few hours if not minutes he fixes the problem for you. I sure hope he doesn't get replaced for any reason. At least 3 times he has got me logged on when that system don't want to work which has been almost always over the last several years.

that's who i keep emailing over the last couple weeks and have never heard back on what to do about logging in. i guess i'll keep trying. i assume i'm caught up in some kind of limbo during their changeover.

as of today I've been getting the same error listed above, site doesn't even open. but then again i'm on safari and for some reason they said it doesn't support safari, which is silly and needlessly complicating in this day and age.

oh well, not the end of my life, i'd just like access.

I can't seem to get anywhere with that site. I have an expired membership and decided to just hold off on renewing it until I see that things have gotten better.

Airheads

From David Cushing during PA Supertech weekend

I am doing a survey, on my own, to see what ABC members would like to see for a revamped website. The current website was started in the late 20th century and IÔÇÖd like to bring it into the 21st century.

To my knowledge, this has never been done before as the site was established by a couple of people when the club was formed. The software used to make the site was never updated (version 1.0 was used) and now the software is up to version 1.7. Many things were updated, corrected & changed with the later versions. The person responsible for the website did not do his volunteered duties and when he left, he sabotaged part of the program, thus the ongoing problems with the site today.

The club directors have hired an expert in the software used and he is in the process of making things right and updating the system. You can expect to see some results in the weeks/months to come.

In the meantime, I would like to gather your opinions as to what youÔÇÖd consider would be a great ABC website where you can find the information you need to answer your questions or to see what is happening in the ABC/airhead world.

dacush@ptd.net

Take a moment to think of what you want or have found elsewhere that impressed you. Thank you for your help in establishing the best site on the internet for airhead concerns.

David Cushing

ABC #7506

Deputy Membership Chair

Really? Are you sure you are not just seeing what is in your cache? Because the site is broken or down right now. Enter the url http://airheads.org/ into you browser and hit refresh...

Site response is exactly what MIAirhead reported:

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70?

Yeah, I just got the error message. I see it as a good thing. Means someone is working on it.

Did anyone consider dumping the ancient program altogether and getting something up to date, rather then trying to force old standards to do current website design??

that's who i keep emailing over the last couple weeks and have never heard back on what to do about logging in. i guess i'll keep trying. i assume i'm caught up in some kind of limbo during their changeover.

as of today I've been getting the same error listed above, site doesn't even open. but then again i'm on safari and for some reason they said it doesn't support safari, which is silly and needlessly complicating in this day and age.

oh well, not the end of my life, i'd just like access.

The last time he fixed me was 6+ months ago. I don't know if the same goodfella is still there. But they are known to be doing something significant at the moment. I will check back near the end of the month when I get my RS out of storage, and see how they are coming along.

Hacked

The ABC website was compromised by hackers who gained access to our serverÔÇÖs server. The person who is updating our site identified 2 files on our site which appear to be hacker files. He notified our server people of the problem. Other websites that use the same server were compromised. Right now we do not have any idea as to when we will be back in operation. The same server was hacked in January & they fixed that within a few days. Now it was hacked again this past Thursday.

David Cushing

Anyone else getting this error, trying to go site? Get in with Droid cell, Firefox, and IE.
Been a couple of days now. I know Web Master been working on upgrading site.:dunno

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::getUInt() in /home/airheads/airheads.org/components/com_content/models/articles.php on line 70

They sell smart phones in Michigan?

the new site that was up for a week or so before crashing was still pretty wonky as far as modern usability is concerned, but hopefully this downtime will give them more opportunity to improve it. who knows. no idea what kind of system they are using for it, but seems like they could port it all over to something more easily upgradeable and maintainable like wordpress, but then i guess it would be a bit of a hassle to transfer everything over to a new system and "teach an old dog a new trick" so to speak.

by the sounds of it over the various threads i've seen on the club, they aren't really that concerned with modern usability or design, haha. but maybe with some young blood trickling in, that may change. heck, i'd even offer to lend a hand as i am an art director/designer by trade. but then again, someone in the club would have to email me back with my simple seeming problems, haha. oh well.

i'm looking forward to one day being able to log into the site and "participating".

Back