• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Navajo National Monument

Texpaul

Lost again
Any folks out there who can give me any info on The Navajo National Monument in northern AZ.
How's the road to the park?
What's camping like?
Anything to avoid?

Looking to camp here for one night in June on my way to Zion.

Roads are good

It has been quite a few years since I have been to the monument, but the roads were very good back then.

I can be windy, but a guy from Texas should be used to hot, dry and windy!

Did not camp, so I can't help there.

Some of the roads to the top of mesa's are hard pack stone. I was on an airhead with full faring and had no trouble.

Enjoy...it is beautiful scenery.

AZ, all great:)

I just passed through Alamo'ville(San Antonio) a couple days ago from Corpus C.TX to my home in California. Alamo BMW did me well with a new front tire on my GSA1200. Ya'll had some interesting weather last week and I missed or dodged all of it:). Saw one tornado around JunctionTX. going to CC,TX..WOW! It was about 10m north of me, I kept riding, got a stiff neck looking at it over to my far left! Your question about AZ and Navajo's. I've never had a bad day riding that area and the food is generally great too:). Navajo Tacos are to die for at the Cameron Trading Post, so find Cameron,AZ...., East of G.Canyon. IF IF IF the wind blows, watch out and adjust, because wind is an understatement there, ugly for bikes or anybody for that matter. N.America does not provide much greater riding areas than what AZ provides, so enjoy. I go there frequently. Randy PS;WATCH for critters on Indian lands, as they do not always corral them!!! Frequently they roam free there, horses and the like......

IF IF IF the wind blows, watch out and adjust, because wind is an understatement there, ugly for bikes or anybody for that matter

I've experienced the wind of which you speak. A couple years back hit 50mph cross winds from Moab headed south on 191 into AZ. Never been so tired at days end.

I've experienced the wind of which you speak. A couple years back hit 50mph cross winds from Moab headed south on 191 into AZ. Never been so tired at days end.

Rode through there (and back) last year, while en route to Colo. Roads & people were just fine. Just the wind can be pretty brutal at times. As long as it (the wind) stays somewhat constant in speed & direction you can adjust your lean and motor through it. Just put some extra wax on the bike before you leave!

Back