• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Photo Assignment 03/02/08: Commentary

S

SNC1923

Please use this thread for discussion, questions, and works-in-progress.

Save the original thread to post one or two finished photos.

Ah, missed another one

I just read this assignment as darkness falls. An hour ago, as I was driving home from Geneve, I could see that Mt. Blanc was completely and clearly visible with the most beautiful red alpen glow.......... I've only seen it that clear and stunning a few times. Maybe the weather pattern will hold.........

Looking out there now, this is going to be a lot like the "winter" assignment". :p

2283629961_d835c8d8ff_o.jpg

Big Bend Salute

Nice sunset shot of the desert... Wrench and Red putting out some top stuff this week:clap :clap That's two claps, one for each :blah

This should probably get stickied. :)

note added by RM:
this is reference to the main assignment thread

Last edited by a moderator:
This should probably get stickied. :)

Tom and I had discussed that ourselves our concern was that we didn't want too many sticky in this area, but i have since noticed that by default the newest sticky goes to the top. I think that if we "unsticky" the preceding assignment each time we should be OK. I was going to discuss this with Tom on his return. I was wondering if there is a way to move stickys around so that the phorum rules sticky always remains on top of everything else. I've move these three posts to the comment thread to keep the main assignment thread clear of extraneously post and the discussion can continue here.

RM

Tom and I had discussed that ourselves our concern was that we didn't want too many sticky in this area, but i have since noticed that by default the newest sticky goes to the top. I think that if we "unsticky" the preceding assignment each time we should be OK. I was going to discuss this with Tom on his return. I was wondering if there is a way to move stickys around so that the phorum rules sticky always remains on top of everything else. I've move these three posts to the comment thread to keep the main assignment thread clear of extraneously post and the discussion can continue here.

RM

I believe you can make an "announcement" which will be permanently (if you desire) posted above the threads. It can be limited to a single forum, as well.

You might want to leave the last assignments up, but let the commentary fall down, so you only have a couple photo assignment threads up.

Just a suggestion. You guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job with this. :thumb :thumb

I believe you can make an "announcement" which will be permanently (if you desire) posted above the threads. It can be limited to a single forum, as well.

You might want to leave the last assignments up, but let the commentary fall down, so you only have a couple photo assignment threads up.

Just a suggestion. You guys are doing an absolutely fantastic job with this. :thumb :thumb

Thanks, yeah that was my thinking too, leave just the main thread up of the current assignment and then rotate them out with each new one. With the link included in the main thread, the commentary would be easy enough to find for each one without being a sticky as well. We'll see what Tom thinks on his return today.

And thanks for the kudos, its been a gas so far...

RM

Rocketman's hunt for 'scapes

Since it was 30 this AM with blue skies I headed out for a meet-up for breakfast and then for a ride to see if I could find some 'scapes for the assignment.

I was planning on a 3 hour ride and wound up burning up a whole tank of gas! Found a bunch of 'scapes, some that I will have to return to again
while it was the best time of day for riding (weather wise) it was the worst for shooting (mid-day sun) so they came out a bit washed out if I exposed for sky or on the dark side if exposed for the land. but here are some that I was able to shoot all with the G9

TREE-Scape

scapes-2.jpg

ROAD-Scape

scapes-3.jpg

FEN-Scape

scapes-4.jpg

SAND-Scape

scapes-6.jpg

SKY-VALLEY-Scape

sky-scape-web.jpg

But mostly what I found and what really counts on any ride is ...

"ESS"-capes!:laugh

scapes-1.jpg

RM

Landscapes

I had a long drive home from Lake Arrowhead yesterday, so I stopped a few times along the way to capture some landscapes. Here's a few that I don't hate. All shot with a polarizing filter; most shot on a tripod.

As it became dark and stormy and nasty, I headed down the 178 (Kern River Canyon) to try my hand at a few long water exposures again. The lighting conditions and a polarizing filter allowed me to achieve 30-second daylight exposures for really nice results with the water.

C&C (comment and criticism) welcome. Click images for EXIF info.

Wonderful pictures! So good I enjoyed them all each of the THREE times you posted them.

Voni
sMiling
:whistle

Voni, maybe it was shutter stutter ? However they were great photos I enjoyed the stream the most.

Oh, good lord. I know how that happened, but I have no idea why that happened. Sorry, I shall delete them forthwith.

(but thanks for the compliments!)

Tom Scores

Very nice work, Lensman. You're nearly halfway to a calendar!!! I am partial to the Joshua tree as I've had so many good times in that area. BUT, I really, really love the streaming stream. The rapids have morphed into cottony, cloudy, whispy, wait, no, this is Willie Wonka's White chocolate river!! Take a bow, young man.

Oh, good lord. I know how that happened, but I have no idea why that happened. Sorry, I shall delete them forthwith.

(but thanks for the compliments!)

Certainly you have heard of Shutter Studder?:blah :blah :blah

Well, gotta say you did better'n me on my little ESS-capade Sunday..:laugh

RM

Well Tanks! (next time I gotta remember to check my camera setting better thou!)

RM

I agree with Gail--I like your ESS-cape the best.

Remember to check your settings is 90% of the battle. This past weekend (I was at a teacher's retreat) I would have taken 20 or 30 shots only to realize I had my IS shot off, or the ISO set to 1600 or some other gaff that partly ruined quite a few shots.

Drives me crazy.

Back