• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcyclesuperstore.com

Never seen ANYBODY, beat these guys for delivered prices. http://www.twobrotherstires.com/

Their web site is not much, but give them a call. They have great prices and outstanding personal service according to several people that have used them. VERY fast delivery, personal service, and i would much rather support the little guy.

Spring is almost here so anyone in the northern Midwest wanting tire changes/balance is welcome to stop in ,you take it off here,I'll use my nomar pro changer or you can try it out yourself.call me from the ananomous book up here in Wisconsin rapids.Plenty of camping space or one spare room to overnight it.15.00 per tire plus cost of a valve stem and weights in silver.If you bring your own that's fine but I have stems(bmw) for 1100rt's and can get what you need if you call in advance.Then enjoy the ride up here! Oh,I have a HF lift to make it more convieniant and cold home brew!
You can ship tires to my house too!

Try http://www.swmototires.com

I've been buying from them for several years and had nothing but great service. Comparing the pair deals on PR2's for my 07 RT, it looks like they are about 15 bucks cheaper.

That was true then.......Not now.

I bought countless sets of tires for all my bikes from them for almost ten years. The grumpy owner sold the place a couple years ago and now the place expanded their product line. Along with the new products and fancy new web pages has come tire prices that are no longer the lowest. I went with another vendor for my PR3's a few months ago; SWMoto was not even close to the best price out there.

More than tires

I've worked with motorcycle superstore for several purchases, from tires to apparel. I've always gotten exactly what I asked for, and often earlier than predicted. They're a well-run company.

I've worked with motorcycle superstore for several purchases, from tires to apparel. I've always gotten exactly what I asked for, and often earlier than predicted. They're a well-run company.

Couldn't have said it better. Great place to do business! :thumb

Never seen ANYBODY, beat these guys for delivered prices. http://www.twobrotherstires.com/

Their web site is not much, but give them a call. They have great prices and outstanding personal service according to several people that have used them. VERY fast delivery, personal service, and i would much rather support the little guy.

Same experience here, Great prices and Fast delivery everytime :)

I normally use Ken's Motorcycle Tires in Woodstock, GA. He usually comes in only $2 or $3 above what any online retailer can quote. But the savings on mounting when a tire is purchased from him is significant too. Plus he goes ahead and looks at other areas of the bike where's he's working to give you a heads up on anything. Small local shop. I'd rather give my money to him if I can. I've heard good things about Two Brothers too but Ken's is much closer to me.

I bought tires off Motorcycle superstore.com,free shipping best prices any where,

I've had only good experiences so far with them as well. That said, unless you do your own mounting it pays to check prices with your local dealer (if you have one). My latest set were bought and mounted by them for surprisingly little more than the internet price. Plus you get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing you're supporting the local guy.

Tire Prices

I've had only good experiences so far with them as well. That said, unless you do your own mounting it pays to check prices with your local dealer (if you have one). My latest set were bought and mounted by them for surprisingly little more than the internet price. Plus you get that warm fuzzy feeling knowing you're supporting the local guy.

Supporting the local guy can be good.

I'm happy to find them as a supplier for ...

0000-Motorex-Boxer-4T-Oil-for-BMW---.jpg

Attachments

• 0000-Motorex-Boxer-4T-Oil-for-BMW.jpg
    0000-Motorex-Boxer-4T-Oil-for-BMW.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 252
Save By Comparing Every Order

It's always good to compare. Just ordered tires from SW Moto Tires as they were $12 cheaper than Motorcycle Superstore. My last order was from Motorcycle Superstore as they were $30+ cheaper than SW Moto Tires. Both orders included delivery.

$16 a quart!!!!! When Mobile 1 V Twin is $8.99 a quart???

Ah, but pay attention--this stuff comes in liters, not quarts!

So, $16.99 for a liter of 10W-40 is actually 16.99/1.056688 = $16.07 per quart, practically a bargain.

More relevant, of course, is 15W-50 which is $17.95/liter = $16.99 per quart, again nearly a bargain.

And, in the 4-liter jug it's only $15.36 per quart ... now we're talking!

This is only 15.36 - 12.99 = $2.37 more per quart than the Castrol Power 1 Racing 4T 10W-50 I'm currently using and which BMW recommends.

And a boxer engine is certainly worth more than a V-twin so why not the oil?

I mean, it's just wrong to put V-twin oil in a boxer, isn't it?

It may be just as wrong filling with quarts as it would be using inch-size wrenches, too.

On the plus side, I guess, the V-twin stuff would have to be able to deal with serious heat issues due to that engine's poor design.

I searched for the 10W-50 4T Mobil 1 that's found in Europe and which I thought Triumph dealers might have, but couldn't find it. I'd use that if I could. Yes, it's Mobil and not mobile.

Hah, Kent, you got me on "Mobil." Dang it!

I don't want to change this to an oil thread, but I just don't buy that the expensive oil is better than the Mobil(e) 1. And the overheating of the V-twin is one good reason to use it in a boxer. It meets/exceeds the specs.

But I enjoyed reading your arguments!

Rob

Back to the topic, MC Superstore.

MCS quit sending coupons out about 4 years ago. The 10% off an order, etc. type. They send out ADS, but not general coupons.

So I just placed an order with them for about $1600. I needed a lot of gear, especially dirt bike gear.

When they emailed my receipt, they included a code for 10% off my next order! And, salt in the wound, it is only good for 30 days. So, you can imagine my frustration. I dump $1600 with them and I get a 10% off coupon I can't use because it will be a while until I need to order anything else.

I called to cancel the order and told them why. They took 10% off this order, so all is good. But I think that is a crappy marketing idea. At least send me a coupon that is good for a year.

Their outlet is 2 miles from my office:)

They are incredibly supportive of the local bike scene and all around great people.

I got a brand new Kilamanjaro jacket from them this past summer for $130 out the door. If any of you ever come through Louisville, stop by. I bet you walk out with something!

Back