• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Forum Blocked ?

breyfogle

Just FYI, my employer has added the bmwmoa forum to its list of blocked sites. Reason given was for malicious or dangerous content.!.! :nono

Just FYI, my employer has added the bmwmoa forum to its list of blocked sites. Reason given was for malicious or dangerous content.!.! :nono

I suspect your employer is more concerned with the fact you are goofing off when you should be working. Or is "research" here a necessary part of your job? If you are in any way employed by BWM, I think I get their point. Unfortunately.

I'm not sure if you were on over the past weekend, we had a virus/malicious script give us a go. That event triggered warnings with most anti-virus programs/browsers. How about checking to see if this is why..................or they just don't want you on while at work :bolt Thanks, OM

A ton of virus alerts over the past week or so.

I think Jeff at HQ has worked thru the bugs, but most likely why an employer has black-listed the BMW MOA.

A recurring problem, especially when you share your computer/e-mail with 1,700 other users! :type

... we had a virus/malicious script give us a go. That event triggered warnings with most anti-virus programs/browsers. How about checking to see if this is why..................

The company actually has a very reasonable use policy, before/after hours & lunch are OK. They also are very open about their reasons when non-business sites get blocked. Sites that contain inappropriate content and are obviously blocked. Social media sites usually just produce a warning. In this case, the term "malicious content" was used so I suspect that is a reasonable description of the problem.

I wonder how infected sites get off the blacklist once they are cleaned up ?

I wonder how infected sites get off the blacklist once they are cleaned up ?

It would seem that for some search engines it's a time thing.

That's up to your IT person. Ask.

That's a good start.............
I sorta got hollered at a place yesterday for "end running" some of the "blocks" yesterday...............I thought I had fixed a problem...
lamer.gif

This site has been infected way too often lately. Every time I access it from work and there is a problem with it being infected an "incident report" is logged with not only the site name, but my name. This is really bad.

I deleted my bookmark at work for this reason. If the site is going to be infected, I am tired of having incident reports logged that could get me into a lot of trouble.

Harry

I'm self employed, but I had my IT guy block the Forum and another board at my office, but not because of security concerns. :D

Next time he's in, it will be ADVrider.

Last edited:
This site has been infected way too often lately. Every time I access it from work and there is a problem with it being infected an "incident report" is logged with not only the site name, but my name. This is really bad.

I deleted my bookmark at work for this reason. If the site is going to be infected, I am tired of having incident reports logged that could get me into a lot of trouble.

Harry
Yep, it's a PITA. Most don't realize what went on last weekend. Some of us put in days of effort to get this cleared- not to mention the risks to say, my computer while I dug out the malicious URL's. There is no part of this any of us here in the background want to do again anytime soon. There is no magic shield for this. The TW200 forum I visit was taken to it's knees recently with a much worse "attack". Everybody be careful, keep your AV up to date, and let us know if something doesn't look right. Gary

Showed up blocked at my work too. I assume there is a master threat list companies subscribe to and the MOA forums got on it.

URL: http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?f=65
URL Categories: Malicious Sites
Rule Name: Block URLs With Bad Reputation

Sorry to hear there was reason for this, and thank you to those who cleaned it up. Now can we ever get off the list?

Thanks,
Scott

The infection is spreading. bmwmoa is now blocked at home by google and the Camino and Opera Mac browsers......

The MOA website is showing up blocked on my computer today as well (started last night). I attached a screenshot as a PDF if that's helpful. It does not seem to matter which browser I use (Safari or Firefox). So far, I am able to ignore the warning to get to the site.

Attachments

• Suspected Malware Site.pdf
    51.7 KB · Views: 15
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for bmwmoa.org

What is the current listing status for bmwmoa.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 149 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 41 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-14, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-14.

Malicious software includes 26 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS33070 (RMH), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bmwmoa.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

MOA Site Warning via mcAfee Anti-virus

Just a heads up but when I try to access this site I receive the following message. I suspect that the site has been hit with malicious software etc. But this is what I have received from McAfee Antivirus Software. It also states this is a "Reported Attack Site"....oooooooooooooh scaaaaarey this is a veeery baaaaad place to go! :bow:nono:bolt:help:mad:evil:gerg:nra:boldpurpl:jawdrop:hide

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for bmwmoa.org

What is the current listing status for bmwmoa.org?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 4 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 154 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 46 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-15.

Malicious software includes 26 exploit(s).

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS33070 (RMH), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bmwmoa.org did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Updated 4 hours ago

Last edited:
Back