• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Closed thread

I guess some don't spend the U. S. currency as it says "In God We Trust".......God bless........Dennis :scratch

MODS....Surely NOT contributing to some kind of "Religious" commentary, thread, or subject. Just trying to figure out some folks' hypocricy...........

I guess some don't spend the U. S. currency as it says "In God We Trust".......God bless........Dennis :scratch

MODS....Surely NOT contributing to some kind of "Religious" commentary, thread, or subject. Just trying to figure out some folks' hypocricy...........

Dennis, no offense, but the hypocricy could also have been with those who decreed the separation of Church and State and then put that statement on the currency. What do you think?

Dennis, no offense, but the hypocricy could also have been with those who decreed the separation of Church and State and then put that statement on the currency. What do you think?

Mike......Just thinkin out loud here; but the history that I learned a long time ago, back before the sociologic, PC, Leninistic, and Obamafied propaganda became the standard taught by and in the secondary and higher ed educational systems......that those old guys had the, now outdated/unfashionable, belief that there was a God that was pretty much in control of all; but government could not MAKE you believe, worship, nor even speak of any kind of or type of what would be called practicing that religion. :bow How to worship that God.........So yes, they had that notion that God could be trusted, "In God We Trust", but nobody HAD to do that?????? :usa Nor, could government make you do that.

Again, surely NOT to get political NOR religious here, but just trying to give the facts of what we used to be taught; but now....:nono.....Of course that would not be PC here because it could be interpreted as being political, or, heaven forbid, religious. God bless.......Dennis

While some have forgot, The Mod Team hasn't.......Enough!

Trolling and Baiting. Trolling is intentionally posting inflammatory subject matter, then arguing just for "fun." Baiting is pushing someone's buttons to incite them to flame.

... Nobody complains even though we have people from several different religions and some with no religion...

So if they don't complain they approve? No, they may not want to make waves, but it doesn't mean they approve. I finally quit a Rotary Club that insisted on invoking a particular name consistently in its prayers that was definitely not inclusive and definitely did not recognize the diversity of the group.

Edit: Edited to add word "not" before "inclusive"

Last edited:
Mike......Just thinkin out loud here; but the history that I learned a long time ago, back before the sociologic, PC, Leninistic, and Obamafied propaganda became the standard taught by and in the secondary and higher ed educational systems.............Dennis

WOW that says a lot right there. Obama has completely changed the education system since his election? How did I miss that!

Please explain article XI, of the Tripoli treaty that was ratified by the US congress in 1797.

I am listening.

While some have forgot, The Mod Team hasn't.......Enough!

Trolling and Baiting. Trolling is intentionally posting inflammatory subject matter, then arguing just for "fun." Baiting is pushing someone's buttons to incite them to flame.

You are sure pushing my buttons and I am sure I am not the only one. Let me tell you one thing: I do not need the forum. You do need people like me and others to continue this. Food for thought!

Fellow MOA members: I have just received an "infraction" by Omega Man for my above post. I more or less expected this. The "trolling" and "baiting" warning was directed at me.
As I said, I do not need the forum and I am not willing to put up with the self righteous attitude of some of the moderators here.
Before they get a chance to ban me; I will quit.
I enjoyed the exchange and it was nice as long as it lasted.

Bye!

Whatever that is,
That comes to provide a comfort...
To anyone with a kept belief,
It is okay to disrespect someone in their home...
With an inspection of the decor,
And perceive during their assessment...
It is okay to say and do as they please,
Will be someone who will eventually receive...
An unannounced visit from the spirits,
Who reside inside that home with a kept peace...
Seeking to teach a few lessons taught to be learned.

This is inevitable to protect what has been earned,
By the one who does not have to warn repeatedly...
That an invitation accepted does not grant anyone,
To come and go with a leaving behind an intent to demean.
There are some environments that will not condone ignorance.
And in one's home anyone who visits another,
Should accept to have that known with no exceptions.

Lawrence S. Pertillar

WOW that says a lot right there. Obama has completely changed the education system since his election? How did I miss that!

Please explain article XI, of the Tripoli treaty that was ratified by the US congress in 1797.

I am listening.

No, you are baiting........Mods.........Is it equal for all?..........God bless........Dennis

That was my point

Maybe it's a southern thing or maybe a rural thing but both the Kiwanis Club and Ruritan Club where I have been a member for years always bless the food we eat. Nobody complains even though we have people from several different religions and some with no religion. I don't think that would be considered a religious discussion.

People who hold certain religious or political beliefs find strength in their numbers and then think if someone remains quiet as an act of courtesy, everything is OK. Finally, people who do not share those sets of beliefs are beginning to speak up and is making the "clique" feel uncomfortable. If I go into the home of a person with deeply held religious beliefs, I will observe their customs out of respect. If they come to my house, I expect them to respect that I do not share their beliefs. Sometimes, like in this discussion, it does not work out that way.

Never heard of the Ruritan Club (about same membership size as MOA), did a Google and learned something today.

Back