• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

From Michigan to the National Rally

ARM74

I work too hard....
I'm looking for someone or some group to tag along with to the National. My regular riding friends all went and got themselves fancy, high paying jobs which require them to travel extensively, and as a result cannot attend the National.
I'm an experienced rider and a non-smoker so I usually don't require extended stops. I'll be tent camping so if you are planning to stop overnight, I'll be sure to take care of myself so you don't have to worry.
My wife and I would feel more comfortable if I wasn't riding the whole trip alone, so if you'll have me, I'll be happy to join. I promise to be as little trouble as possible.
My plan is to leave Lansing MI, on Tuesday night (July 14) at 5ish, or early Wed. morning. If you can help, feel free to PM me so we can begin planning.
Also, I'm open to meeting at any location outside of Lansing.

Thanks.

I'll be leaving Traverse City probably Wed morning for the rally, taking two days for the scenic route. :dance There may or may not be others joining me. I probably am heading further south on Sunday for a few days (visiting freinds) so I won't be comming back till mid week or so... You'd be welcome to tag along with us (if my freinds make it) if you like. Some of us will be tent camping and others hotel.... As it gets closer we can firm up details.... I know there are several folks heading from the GR area too.... Cheers, Tim

May be going myself, and on those dates. Will be leaving from Owosso. First BMW rally, as I just picked up a R1150GS this winter. Took it out Sunday and love it. Nice addition to the 1800 Wing, and 250 KLX.
Will watch postings as time gets closer.

May be going myself, and on those dates. Will be leaving from Owosso. First BMW rally, as I just picked up a R1150GS this winter. Took it out Sunday and love it. Nice addition to the 1800 Wing, and 250 KLX.
Will watch postings as time gets closer.

We're nearly neighbors!

No expressways

I live in West MI, I hoping to get time to go too. I going to plan on taking no expressways, and avoid as many large cities as I can.

I played with a route on OpenRoadJourney from Allegan to Rally. It looks due able. Might take a little longer, but that is why I ride anyway. :bikes

I'll try camping at the Mini in Sturgis. I have not camped in years and never with my old airhead, so it will be a learning experience.

Hey all; Planning on leaving Wed., as well. Two lane roads, camping @ Indy. Would love to have some company as well. Don't drink , smoke a pipe on occasion, don't want to go racing along. Possibly taken 31 south to 65 or 31 east. Any takers? Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I'm looking for someone or some group to tag along with to the National. My regular riding friends all went and got themselves fancy, high paying jobs which require them to travel extensively, and as a result cannot attend the National.
I'm an experienced rider and a non-smoker so I usually don't require extended stops. I'll be tent camping so if you are planning to stop overnight, I'll be sure to take care of myself so you don't have to worry.
My wife and I would feel more comfortable if I wasn't riding the whole trip alone, so if you'll have me, I'll be happy to join. I promise to be as little trouble as possible.
My plan is to leave Lansing MI, on Tuesday night (July 14) at 5ish, or early Wed. morning. If you can help, feel free to PM me so we can begin planning.
Also, I'm open to meeting at any location outside of Lansing.

Thanks.

Maybe I'm just an ol' sod but here's what you do: head due south for 550 miles and turn left for about 100 and yer there. One day. Maybe it's just our riding style but it really is that easy. However, if I set the smart ass aside, the two laners and taking it easy is a longer but more enjoyable run. However, do you really need anyone else on your journey? - Bob

Last edited:
Back