• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Super 8 Sedalia MO is now State Fair Hotel

BMWK1200LTRIDER

S.A. Martin
ALERT!!!! :help

The Super 8 motel 3402 W. Broadway Sedalia MO is no longer. Changed owners. Now called Hotel State Fair.

Any reservations made with Super 8 are not valid. If you call the hotel 660-827-5890, same number that it was with Super 8, they will set new reservations at the same price. I don't know how much longer they may do that, so call soon!

I also called Wyndham Hotels, and talked to customer service, they informed me that my reservations I made with them are no longer valid. They suggested I call the Hotel at the number above, then told me "good luck".

Lesson---- Do not assume that the room you reserved in Jan will be available in July.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. I got through, but was put on hold for 10 minutes. Don't know if it is a busy time at the desk or if this is the new owner's idea of customer service. Now they aren't answering. I'll keep trying

Super 8

Thanks for the heads up, called as soon as I saw this post this AM spoke with a very nice women who said the would honor the reservation, took her a little time to find my info, but all set they don't do email confirmation but she said she would mail me a copy. I will keep you posted if I do not recieve anything. This is so funny because I was going to call them meaning Super 8 to confirm my reservation next week. So again Thanks for the Heads Up!

Eric

Well, managed to get through this morning and reconfirm. Had to make a rate adjustment in order to keep the same type of room (non smoking). Once you get through they are very pleasant about it all, but as they are learning a new system and getting caught up on details from the ownership change, things are very hectic right now.

I just called. They answered immediately and they had my Super 8 reservations but not my credit card info for reserving the room. All I had to do was give them a credit card number and got a new confirmation number. It took only a few minutes.

Called today and was put on hold for 30 min. and then disconnected. Called back and finally confirmed they still have my reservation, but needed my credit card number.
Guess that I will have a place to lay my head in Sedalia. Interesting that I had the same problem last year for the Bloomsburg rally when the Motel 6 was sold to another motel chain. The low budget motel chain locations seem susceptible to resale.

ALERT!!!! :help

The Super 8 motel 3402 W. Broadway Sedalia MO is no longer. Changed owners. Now called Hotel State Fair.

Any reservations made with Super 8 are not valid. If you call the hotel 660-827-5890, same number that it was with Super 8, they will set new reservations at the same price. I don't know how much longer they may do that, so call soon!

I also called Wyndham Hotels, and talked to customer service, they informed me that my reservations I made with them are no longer valid. They suggested I call the Hotel at the number above, then told me "good luck".

Lesson---- Do not assume that the room you reserved in Jan will be available in July.

All registrations made for Super 8 are safe and have been kept contrary to the above. They are still full and you will not be able to book a room.

Jack

Jack,

I got my information directly from Super 8 reservations, that they, super 8, not longer has any control of reservation made at the aforementioned Super 8 in Sedalia.

If you are referring to the present owners, "kept" the reservations, then why did they, State Fair Hotel, tell me that my Super 8 reservations was not it their computer?

The State Fair Hotel, may have a copy of the original reservations, but they re-issued my reservations into there system and gave me a new reservation number.

My reason for this thread was to help my fellow MOA club members by letting them know of the possible screw-up. Can you imagine not knowing any of this information and arriving at the site next month, not even able to find the Super 8?

I also point out that the new owners are under no obligation to any of Super 8's customers. It seems to me that they are honoring the reservations so far, out of the goodness of their hearts.

The " contrary to the above" makes me sound like I'm being dishonest or causing undo trouble. I assure you and anyone else reading this thread that I reported exactly what I was told my the sources I named.

Who told you your information? The new management of the State Fair Hotel? If so that is indeed news.

I personally do not trust anyone int he cut-rate motel business that is not affiliated with a large company. The customer has no leverage at all with these owners. Their customer service person is usually the same on you are having a dispute with in the first place.

Anyhow I have my new reservation number. Good luck to everyone else.

:banghead

All registrations made for Super 8 are safe and have been kept contrary to the above. They are still full and you will not be able to book a room.

Jack

Mine went from king non smoking to queen smoking. Had to pop for an extra $20.00 per night to get what was originally reserved. You may get a room, but it may not be what you originally reserved.

My buddy made the reservations a year ago,and we were told we had a room with two double beds for a rate of $55.00 +tax a nite. Now it's $100.00 +tax a nite and a queen bed. I guess a cot will be needed. Everything in the area is sold out(within 40 miles) and they know it!

Jack,

I got my information directly from Super 8 reservations, that they, super 8, not longer has any control of reservation made at the aforementioned Super 8 in Sedalia.

If you are referring to the present owners, "kept" the reservations, then why did they, State Fair Hotel, tell me that my Super 8 reservations was not it their computer?

The State Fair Hotel, may have a copy of the original reservations, but they re-issued my reservations into there system and gave me a new reservation number.

My reason for this thread was to help my fellow MOA club members by letting them know of the possible screw-up. Can you imagine not knowing any of this information and arriving at the site next month, not even able to find the Super 8?

I also point out that the new owners are under no obligation to any of Super 8's customers. It seems to me that they are honoring the reservations so far, out of the goodness of their hearts.

The " contrary to the above" makes me sound like I'm being dishonest or causing undo trouble. I assure you and anyone else reading this thread that I reported exactly what I was told my the sources I named.

Who told you your information? The new management of the State Fair Hotel? If so that is indeed news.

I personally do not trust anyone int he cut-rate motel business that is not affiliated with a large company. The customer has no leverage at all with these owners. Their customer service person is usually the same on you are having a dispute with in the first place.

Anyhow I have my new reservation number. Good luck to everyone else.

:banghead

I did get all my information from the new owners management and simply passed it on to the membership.

As in most cases it has to do with communication and who you talked to. (not to mention your own interpretation)

Jack

I called the Comfort Inn, Sedalia the other day they had nothing available , but the guy i spoke with said, I should call back after the 19th on June to see if there were any cancellations.

I asked why so far out time wise, he said their cancellation policy requires a 30 day notice !! ???
Never heard of a 30 day notice , ever, anywhere in the world i have traveled.

I booked a room in Warsaw at the Truman Lodge, no problem.

I did get all my information from the new owners management and simply passed it on to the membership.

As in most cases it has to do with communication and who you talked to. (not to mention your own interpretation)

Jack

So I guess this means everyone who is having to pay more to guarantee their already existing reservations with the new owners are eligible for a refund of any added cost and return to the room style they originally reserved :)

Have a name and number for folks to call?

Thanks Jack.

You are correct about communications. It has been my experience that people are more prone to lie on the telephone than is face to face communications. Sure hope they keep their word, as we have no other choice at this point.

I still have a problem with Super 8, They sure could have helped their customers, which we were at the time of the reservations. Instead they too abandoned us. Makes me think twice about using Super 8 in the future.

Shawn

Jack

Super Bad

Recived my confirmation letter from the new hotel in the mail, more $ but they have you in a bad way,also on the same day recieved a phone message from Super 8 stating the property has been sold and that my reservation is no longer good. Well too Bad for Super 8 now I will excercise my rights as a consumer and never use them again, making sure I tell everyone I know how Bad Super 8 is

motels

Greetings... After reading about the nightmares with motel reservations, I decided to double check mine.
My reservation was made on line in Jan. My motel is the Day's Inn in Concordia, Mo they did have my room reserved, no problem. In fact it looks like they still have rooms available for anyone still looking. It's about 30 miles from Sedalia but might be the answer if you're still looking.

Thanks for the heads-up...it made me look to be sure.

Ride safe

Pitboss

Bailed

I cancelled my "reservation" yesterday. Decided to camp at rally using Mayberry's Sherpa Service.

Used them in PA last year. Very good service! About half the price of a motel.

See ya there!

Back