• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Oilhead Rally Thread

bluehole

Mod is right. We have probably been doing a bit too much chatting in the Picture thread. I think he is probably happy to see some good-natured banter, but not in that thread. Thought I would start a separate thread for Rally communication among the Oilheaders going and those wishing they were attending.

That done I think I should point out that rad is actually not showing up because his new hexhead is RS Silver. Man, I know that hurt rad. :)

Going to cut wineguyd some slack. He is new here and is entitled to grace period. Besides, he is scouring the internet for a blast shield for his new R. I figure SeabeckS and BC1100S are trying to get their GPS to get them to the beer hall. festes...poor guy is trying to figure out which bike to ride today. Mark M is no doubt lurking in the background of someone's picture.

I do wonder how terham is doing.

Best results are probably here but if you guys need this moved to the Rally forum, let me/us know. Have a great time.
Gary

Best results are probably here but if you guys need this moved to the Rally forum, let me/us know. Have a great time.
Gary

Thank you sir! As one of the guilty parties I'm fine with just leaving it in the Oilhead thread. Not sure about those other rabble rousers though...

:thumb

Mark M is no doubt lurking in the background of someone's picture.
This time I'll be lurking in my daughter's wedding pictures as she is getting married on Saturday. Otherwise I'd be at the rally attending the RS to S conversion workshop and other beer tent festivities. Have fun and keep us posted!

This time I'll be lurking in my daughter's wedding pictures as she is getting married on Saturday. Otherwise I'd be at the rally attending the RS to S conversion workshop and other beer tent festivities. Have fun and keep us posted!

You will be missed, but your daughter' wedding is obviously a lot more important. Congrats to her and her beau!

The ride from St Louis to Salem would be pretty darned awesome though! My S came from Louisville a few years ago...the trip home to GPS was incredible, though not QUITE as planned. :laugh. I understand the 2014 Rally is planned for Minnesota. Since my family has roots in Iowa, perhaps I'll make that gathering next summer? :scratch

Cheers! :dance

You will be missed, but your daughter' wedding is obviously a lot more important. Congrats to her and her beau!

The ride from St Louis to Salem would be pretty darned awesome though! My S came from Louisville a few years ago...the trip home to GPS was incredible, though not QUITE as planned. :laugh. I understand the 2014 Rally is planned for Minnesota. Since my family has roots in Iowa, perhaps I'll make that gathering next summer? :scratch

Cheers! :dance

Thank you! The wedding is going to be a great time. She's marrying a fine young man, I'm proud of her choice.

I've ridden to Salem before. You're right about it being pretty darned awesome. I envy all those who are making the trek.

For those looking for a good cuppa joe, check out Broadway Coffeehouse near downtown Salem.

Holed up in Vernal, UT tonight with my 2 riding partners. Came from Longmont, CO with an awesome ride along the Poudre River and out route 40 today. Loved the ride out of Craig. Idaho Falls tomorrow then Boise and Klamath Falls and then Salem. Looking forward to the rest of the ride.

terham, good to hear from you. Looked up Vernal and your route yesterday. Looks like you rode through northern Colorado and Utah and are heading north today. Good luck. Check in again.

Salem

.... Idaho Falls tomorrow then Boise and Klamath Falls and then Salem. Looking forward to the rest of the ride.

I will look down from 34,000 feet tomorrow morning and see if I can spot you. :snore

I'm running out of superlatives for the scenery I'm riding through. Rode north out of Vernal through Flaming Gorge and up to Jackson and the Tetons. West out of Jackson over Teton Pass into Idaho and on to Idaho Falls for the night. Planning the long way to Boise for tomorrow. 2500+ miles so far and having a blast.

You've hit pay dirt after crossing the plane plains! I'm a bit more than envious of your adventure...keep it safe!

:dance

I'm running out of superlatives for the scenery I'm riding through. Rode north out of Vernal through Flaming Gorge and up to Jackson and the Tetons. West out of Jackson over Teton Pass into Idaho and on to Idaho Falls for the night. Planning the long way to Boise for tomorrow. 2500+ miles so far and having a blast.

You are killing me. How about a picture or two of the ride?

A guy from my office and his wife are driving out to some of the national parks in Wyoming, Colorado, etc. This picture was in my Inbox this morning. The subject line was Badlands Beemers. Wonder if these two are on their way to Salem.

I feel compelled to point out the RS. I am sure there is an S just out of the picture frame...probably laden down with the group's cooking equipment and dirty laundry. S bikes make such great mules. :)

photo1.JPG

I'll have to figure out how to post pictures from my phone since I don't have a way to download them from my camera. I'll at least post some when I get back.

I feel compelled to point out the RS. I am sure there is an S just out of the picture frame...probably laden down with the group's cooking equipment and dirty laundry. S bikes make such great mules. :)

Someone I know is suffering the pangs of jealousy for those S riders who are going to the rally. This will only get worse as more pics are posted.

Footnote to the picture I posted earlier today. I received another email from my co-worker saying the riders of the BMWs pictured were German. Talk about a departure from their regular riding experience.

Nice day on the S!

A little cool and overcast departing the Hood Canal zone, and it got darker and cooler heading south. Then passing by the east side of St Helen's volcano, skies cleared and temps went way up. Good food and a great brewski at Full Sail brew house in Hood River on the Columbia this evening. Now time for a wee dram and a pleasant sleep! Look out Salem, here I come! :laugh

Oh, stopped to watch the windsurfers and kiteboarders for a few minutes this afternoon. And people say that I'm crazy for riding a bike! :scratch:scratch LOL

Back