• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hauling companies?

lmo1131

Does anyone have any experience with motorcycle "hauling" companies?

I'd like to get a sidecar from Oshkosh, WI, out here to Oceano, CA.

No dolly on the chair, but could probably get the seller to strap it down to a standard wooden shipping pallet.

Thanks.

I used Haul Bikes

from NY to Seattle and back for a sidecar rig. Granted, i wasn't in a hurry, but they did a great job, took care of the bike and rig, and where fair priced.

Check with Fed Ex. My bro used them to ship a car & they were reasonable & efficient & delivered it safe & sound.

Check out Pony Express.Shipped my RT from AZ. to MO. He uses a custom enclosed trailer and custom straps that fit my handlebars 4 holddowns.Even wrapped grips with towels before securing handlebars.Oh yeh and he called me several times to update me on his location.Its his bus. and he treats it as such.
Call Ryan Delcambre 310 409-9890
PS I get NO kick backs and am not connected...I just feel if U do a good job U should B rewarded.:bow

motorcycle hauling companie

I have had great success with Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797. They specialize in motorcycle transport. Have a special pallet for the cycle. I have shipped 4 bikes from Florida to NH and IL with no problems. Pickup and delivery were on schedule from/to personal homes. Nationwide coverage.

I have had great success with Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797. They specialize in motorcycle transport. Have a special pallet for the cycle. I have shipped 4 bikes from Florida to NH and IL with no problems. Pickup and delivery were on schedule from/to personal homes. Nationwide coverage.

+1, :thumb Mine bike is on the way to Oregon as I write this.

Last year I shipped the GS and the sidecar (separated) home from San Rafael via Allied.

My GSA is arriving in San Rafael tomorrow and I'm flying out Saturday.

913081185_6cEgb-M.jpg

I had a rather terrible experience with Federal Transport, which is owned and operated by Allied. Long story short, I tried to ship my bike from IL to Las Vegas. They lost track of the bike, 4 days after scheduled delivery it arrived in Denver and was not scheduled to make it to Vegas for another 7 days. I ended up heading to Denver, riding south (around the mountains) to get to SoCal and Vegas. That extra 900 miles was not fun in December.

Not to mention mauling my bike in two spots, which never was resolved.

The not-so-funny part is that they were one of the most expensive quotes, but seemed like the highest quality, so I went with them. After this mess, they offered me about $150 back, then promptly told me to screw off when I said that wasn't enough.

I'm not bitter or anything though. ;)

Last year I shipped the GS and the sidecar (separated) home from San Rafael via Allied.

My GSA is arriving in San Rafael tomorrow and I'm flying out Saturday.

913081185_6cEgb-M.jpg

Not ten minutes after this post I received word my bike and gear were safely delivered to K-Basa's house. :clap

Who's pallet?

Not ten minutes after this post I received word my bike and gear were safely delivered to K-Basa's house. :clap

Hi Rob, I have to guess that the company supplied that pallet. It looks slick. Most other transports I have seen use a modified pallet, that looks way better! Call me if you need bail out there. Be careful and have fun, Gary :D

+1 on the Keyboard Carriage Inc., Elixabethtown , KY 42702, (270)737-5797

They brought my bike from CO to IL in the middle of winter, arriving exactly on schedule. There were no problems or damage whatsoever. They have very specialized carriers specifically for motorcycles that work very well!

Back