• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What do you use for a key fob?

Key FOB in the ignition

Attachments

• 26 Jul 12 Key FOB 001-1.jpg
    26 Jul 12 Key FOB 001-1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 452
Presumably, he/she/it does/doesn't exist regardless of what we think...I think.:brow

I would love to debate this as I am a huge fan of theology and minored in world religions at school, but I don't want to hijack this thread. :)

Maybe via p.m.?

That BMW fob is very cool! On my list now.

This is going to lead us down a path that closes the thread. So let's not do this. That's not fair to the OP or me since I am not trying to steer down that path.

I merely answered the question about what key fobs I carry. No preaching, no criticism, no zealot. The second post was to answer the question I was asked about what that keyfob was. Simple question, simple answer.

Again, no preaching. Carrying a keyfob in my pocket is hardly "wearing it on my sleeve" or being a zealot. We're all free to believe what we want.

Let's not go down the banned path of religious discussion here. If you want to do that, let's take it to ADV rider or some other forum that allows free discussion.

Rob

Looks kinda bulky......might be kind of hard on the twins if you sat down wrong....:nyah

I bet it would, but I usually leave it in the side faring side cover lock where it just looks like any other knob on the bike, unless you are very famiular with the 1150-RT, or simetime in my jacket pocket.

Carrying a keyfob in my pocket is hardly "wearing it on my sleeve" or being a zealot.
Rob

True, but your sig is "wearing it on your sleeve". That was what I was referring to.

Sorry to send this down the wrong track.

I'll behave going forward. :lurk

I bet it would, but I usually leave it in the side faring side cover lock where it just looks like any other knob on the bike, unless you are very famiular with the 1150-RT, or simetime in my jacket pocket.

Clever..... :thumb

I would love to debate this as I am a huge fan of theology and minored in world religions at school, but I don't want to hijack this thread. :)

Maybe via p.m.?

That BMW fob is very cool! On my list now.

Religion and politics..........two things never to be discussed at work or in a bar.

For my ignition key i use an old leather key fob emblazoned with the words and logo from a British magazine I used to subscribe to.

ClassicBike !

My spare keys are kept in an old BMW leather zip pouch, grey and red color with a small BMW metal roundel in one corner.

My ClassicBike fob lived for 8-yrs and was replaced by a shinny black rubber Michelin Man fob that I picked-up at one of the national rally's. Before that, my k75c had the folding key.......so no fob

Plain, bare key only

I choose to leave the key bare...it's tucked behind my touratech GPS mount.....I leave it in place .....unless in a medium to high threat place.

Back