• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

What do you use for a key fob?

A small leather pouch with the BMW roundel that belonged to my dad. He probably got it from the dealer with his /5 or /6. The opening is spring loaded to hold the keys inside when in your pocket. The keys are on a a ring which is attached to the pouch. I keep the non-ignition keys in the pouch with only the business end of the ignition key sticking out when on the bike. It looks like this:

p-11261-3045.jpg

Key Fob

The cheap rubber dealer fob, but I wrote my cell phone number on the back in case I lose the key.

I have the updated version of what Marc uses. The little nylon BMW pouch. Works great for keeping track of my ear plugs when off the bike.

Free ,SOFT! plastic advertising fob with a green gator head that doesn't rub off the paint,small enough to fit pocket, large enough to not get lost. FWIW, we UK fans don't like gators too well so I keep looking for another version. My problem is finding the extra key I hid on my bike!:banghead Boy, did I ever do a good job! I've had the blinkers apart,you name it & cannot find it!:banghead:banghead

For my ignition key i use an old leather key fob emblazoned with the words and logo from a British magazine I used to subscribe to.

ClassicBike !

My spare keys are kept in an old BMW leather zip pouch, grey and red color with a small BMW metal roundel in one corner.

My key is naked by choice. It's easy to pocket and no fob to scratch or polish the area below the key hole.

A Niteize S-biner

I use a Niteize S-biner from EMS (pack of three for around $10 at EMS) when not riding you can clip your key to your belt ....or anything nearby.

I use on of those coily, springy, cord dealies (highly technical term) in bright orange. I slip it around my wrist at rest stops so I never have to start patting pockets with increasing anxiety.

Bracelet_coil_keychain_v0.summ.jpg

Key fob? What's that...? :brow

I got in the habit many, many moons ago of not having anything attached to my moto keys. When I leave the bike, the key always goes in my right front pocket.

So far (knock on wood!) I've never lost a key, nor accidently left it in the ignition.

Not sure why I got in this habit, but perhaps I just got tired of stuff waving/bouncing around all the time.

:brad

Cheers!

Back