• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rustic Road Patch

I've mapped a route that is roughly 190 miles round trip (much of that is the ride back as I figure you all would prefer to avoid the interstate). There is some road construction in some of those areas that may affect our ability to get to some of the roads. I'll ride the route this weekend and if it is workable I'll put up the route Sunday night.

I'm coming in from the South (Joliet, IL) only a couple of hours from Wisconsin. Seems to be alot of Rustic Roads in that area. Definitely more than 10. Maybe I'll catch a few coming into the Rally as well.

I'm coming in from the South (Joliet, IL) only a couple of hours from Wisconsin. Seems to be alot of Rustic Roads in that area. Definitely more than 10. Maybe I'll catch a few coming into the Rally as well.

That's the area (SE Wisc) that I intend to hit. They're all bunched up together and we can hit them quickly.

Since I'm going to pre-ride the route this Sunday (and I'll have my camera with me) anyone who wants to join me and get your 10 out of the way is more than welcome. I'm going to start at the rally site sometime Sunday morning and end the ride in Racine County 1 1/2 to 2 hours later. PM me for a time to meet at the rally site if you want to come along.

We're In!

Count us in for 2 bikes, too. Unfortunatly, we'll be late arrivals. Our daughter is returing home from London on the 10th and we want to see her home safely before we head out. We're in the Toronto area, so have abit of a ride ahead of us. Maybe if the group is going to do the run earlier, we could get your route and so it on our own? Or as a group of 'self-guided' riders?

Count us in for 2 bikes, too. Unfortunatly, we'll be late arrivals. Our daughter is returing home from London on the 10th and we want to see her home safely before we head out. We're in the Toronto area, so have abit of a ride ahead of us. Maybe if the group is going to do the run earlier, we could get your route and so it on our own? Or as a group of 'self-guided' riders?

Here is the deal. I like to ride and I get bored easily. I figure that once I make the rounds of the vendors on Thursday, since I don't drink, there isn't much left for me to do but ride. Since there seems to be a group of you who want the immediate gratification of the patch on Friday, I'm willing to take a group out Friday morning. If there are enough of you that want to go on Saturday I'll lead another Saturday morning. The saturday group will have the advantage of stopping at Fred's in Burlington (if you'd like) for an extraordinary hamburger and then a waddle over to Adrian's for some really, really, good custard.

In any event I'll post a detailed route for those of you who would prefer to do it on your own.

JCabranes, Thanks for being so accomodating. I'm actually in PA, but if I was out there, I'd be riding the route with you this Sunday. Thanks Again.

Sunday Rustic Road Ride 6/10/07

If anyone is considering joining us on the ride this Sunday, I'm planning on leaving from the east entrance of the park (County Trunk HWY P) at around 11:00am rain or shine (though the forecast is high 70's and sunshine).

Jack

Imagine my surprise when I found out this was about riding in Wisconsin. I thought it was about how they throw shovel sized piles of cold asphalt out of the back of a truck to repair the roads in Missouri, and then let the car, truck, bike tires mash it down into small humps in the road.

Sunday Ride

I wish I could go with you tomorrow, but my son is arriving from college and there is alot of stuff planned. Between off loading his rental vehicle and getting it back to the agency, that is most of my sunday.

Tomorrow should be fabulous weather for riding.

See you at Cubanitas in about a month!

I wish I could go with you tomorrow, but my son is arriving from college and there is alot of stuff planned. Between off loading his rental vehicle and getting it back to the agency, that is most of my sunday.

Tomorrow should be fabulous weather for riding.

See you at Cubanitas in about a month!

Not a problem. Right now it looks like its just me and my wife (me on my K12LT and she on her new to her K11LT). I'll take my camera and post pics.

Leaving from Washington County Fairgrounds at 11:00am if anyone would like to come along for the ride.

Location to meet

J, have you decided on a time and place to meet for the Friday and Saturday ride's?

Thanks

Rodger

The pavillion right out in front of the fairgrounds is as good as any place to meet. Let's set the time at 9:00am both days. I did a small portion of the pre-ride today (had to cut it short because my wife's bike developed a fuel leak) and the first 2 spots are just off a busy road. I would prefer to limit the number of bikes to about a dozen max (on each trip) for safety reasons as there is little to no shoulder on these roads so we'll be stopped right at the edge of the road. Don't want a clump of bikes IN the middle of the road. Anyway, I would like to know who is coming on what day. So far I have:

Friday: Brian and Kristi Miller, Therealbatman
Saturday: Beemokat
???: Clowry (2), Flopp, Rodgtc, Dougc (2)

3 bikes Friday
1 bike Saturday
6 bikes undecided

Pick your days and if things change and you decide you don't want to come along let me know so we can add others. For those of you who would like to do this on your own I will post a route just as soon as I pre-ride it. The 8 that I didn't get to today are fairly close to home so weather permitting I'll do it during the week then I'll post the route for those of you that would like to give it a shot on your own.

Jack

I was not planning to arrive until Thursday but then I forgot to register for the Experienced Riders Course. The only openings left were Wednesday Aft and before. Mailed off my app yesterday.

If I get into that course I will there before the Rally officially starts, so any time would be good for me. Slot me in for Friday, please.

Friday (4 bikes)
Brian Miller
Kristi Miller
Therealbatman
Flopp

Saturday (1 Bike)
Beemokat

???
Clowry (2 bikes)
Dougc (2 bikes)
Rodgtc

If you still have room for another rider I'd like to go on Friday's ride. I was already thinking doing a smaller version of this on the way to the rally. Having some people familiar with the routes would be great. BTW...thanks for limiting the riders to 12. Smart move based on some larger groups I've been on rides with in the past. Thanks.

Back