• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Decided today was the day!

KenDittrick

Rocky Bow BMW Riders #197
Beautiful day here in Calgary. Started it out with two home built extra large latte's... then decided today was the day. Yes, got the shovel out of the garage and got rid a a bank of snow in front of my neighbor's shed, chiseled the ice from around the door, pried it open and... unplugged the 'tender' from my RT and rolled it through the snow in the back yard. The bike started up no problem, waited for a good warm-up and hit the road for the first time since October. Man it felt great; didn't ride anywhere special, but put 100kms on the clock before returning home. Wonderful blue sky all day, +13C - it just doesn't get better than this!

:wave:brad

First ride of the season here as well. Bundled up and headed out on the Guzzi to see how well the new windshield works. Sunny and +11C, was out for about two hours and 150 km.

First ride since late November. I needed that:bliss

:thumb:thumb

I was out walking today and saw many bikes out. Certainly was a good day for it. I got the GS out on Friday for the first time since late November. Sounds like were in for a bit cooler conditions for a few days again though.

I rode today and yesterday. Short rides so far; today it was down to the local auto supply for some Seafoam and a stop for a can of beer ( to go) at the local convenience store. The ride was long enough to get the oil good and warm. Fun! More and longer rides to follow. Still, I was smiling when I arrived back home!
JD

Last edited:
Yep I've been out twice in the past week - SO GREAT! - Sunday was the best. We just got home from eating dinner with some good friends and I had all our children (4 of them) lay down for a sunday afternoon nap. I was downstairs on my bed when I heard the sound of a cycle outside, yep a friend of mine stopped by and said, "let's ride" and we took off for sixty miles - So much fun. It was weird seeing all the snow in the fields and the ice on the river while ridding but it was well worth it!

It was weird seeing all the snow in the fields and the ice on the river while ridding but it was well worth it!

Strangely, I've ridden a lot in these conditions and if it is sunny out it really is a great experience. Fresh, cool, invigorating. You can ride all day and arrive home without a single bug to clean off the windshield.

:thumb

First ride of the season here as well. Bundled up and headed out on the Guzzi to see how well the new windshield works. Sunny and +11C, was out for about two hours and 150 km.

First ride since late November. I needed that:bliss
Well? Pray tell, how did the new windshield work? I like those V-7 Guzzi's. I see the company now has a cafe version, just reviewed in "Rider" magazine. Nice.
I agree with Ken. Cool days as we now have are great riding days! No bugs is a plus. A lot of us in snow/ice country have to remember to watch for gravel and sand though.
JD

Last edited:
It is strange getting out for a ride while the resevoirs are still frozen over and the snow is still piled along the roadside but My God it feels good to be back out on the bike! It's suddenly in the 50's and I was able to get out the last two days and get reaquainted with my K1200GT. It's begun again guys TIME TO RIDE!

Bob:dance

Well? Pray tell, how did the new windshield work? I like those V-7 Guzzi's. I see the company now has a cafe version, just reviewed in "Rider" magazine. Nice.
JD

I got a National Cycle Plexifairing GT. Excellent coverage from the knees up.

Was out again yesterday for another hour or so and it provides RT-like dead air. Quick release so it's on/off in a minute or two. I'll start commuting on the bike in a few weeks when the early morning temps are a bit warmer, should be perfect for that.

An added bonus is it reflects the glorious V7C exhaust note back at the rider. It is the best sounding stock exhaust I've heard since my '72 Ducati 750GT.

I got a National Cycle Plexifairing GT. Excellent coverage from the knees up.

Was out again yesterday for another hour or so and it provides RT-like dead air. Quick release so it's on/off in a minute or two. I'll start commuting on the bike in a few weeks when the early morning temps are a bit warmer, should be perfect for that.

An added bonus is it reflects the glorious V7C exhaust note back at the rider. It is the best sounding stock exhaust I've heard since my '72 Ducati 750GT.

Thanks for the info. Dave. I am interested in the V7. I may not purchase one soon, but in the future? Great looking bike! I am drawn to a lot of these retro bikes with modern engineering.
JD

Yep, it's spring time here in the great white north!!! Had the R90 out for a couple of very short rides today, (Couldn't go far, as I have no plates on it right now), and it felt great!!! I guess I will have to get them this week after all. Yehhhhoooooo...! Vaya con Dios, Dutch

I juiced the battery a few days back on my oilhead. And, today I used that stored energy to start the bike and take a ride! Nice. Got the oil good and warm. Both of my bikes have now been ridden after about a three and one half month storage. It is getting warmer, but rain is predicted for this weekend. I hope not as it will be a cold rain and I'll probably not ride. But, if it doesn't rain I will be a travelin' man!
JD

Back