• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Where are the new K1300Ses?

Speaking of K12s for a song, a guy is selling my Grey '06 for me and is such a bargain I'm temped to buy it.

Do it!
lol.gif

Plus it's the finest/sleekest KS color ever, along with those silver wheels.
nod.gif
There was one at a recent rally I went to. It stood out from so many other bikes. Well, in my biased opinion. :) Two reasons I still ride this bike... 1). The resale market is so poor with this bike, might as well keep it, and 2). It is on the short list of favorite bikes owned ever, so it is easy to "might as well keep it". :) A bracketed HDR rendering on Squaw Pass...

k1200ssquaw_hdr.jpg

Do it!
lol.gif

Plus it's the finest/sleekest KS color ever, along with those silver wheels.
nod.gif
There was one at a recent rally I went to. It stood out from so many other bikes. Well, in my biased opinion. :) Two reasons I still ride this bike... 1). The resale market is so poor with this bike, might as well keep it, and 2). It is on the short list of favorite bikes owned ever, so it is easy to "might as well keep it". :) A bracketed HDR rendering on Squaw Pass...

k1200ssquaw_hdr.jpg

It also has that extra umphh when you roll it on...unlike my '08 S that just doesn't quite create that feeling.

Most dealers have discontinued all of the k1300 models. Dealer in Daytona told me they are dust collectors. Evidently the R bikes really out sell the 1300 models. He also stated the 1000rr is a hot seller. Of course the 1600 gets all the biz now

Most dealers have discontinued all of the k1300 models. Dealer in Daytona told me they are dust collectors. Evidently the R bikes really out sell the 1300 models. He also stated the 1000rr is a hot seller. Of course the 1600 gets all the biz now

Since I first posted, I bought an R1200GS Rallye in June. Like it very much and riding for the first time with "long" handlebars in 39 years. I have yet to ride my '08 K12S since I got it...I would probably like it more :)
What I like about the GS is that I can carry the kitchen sink if I want to...quite a departure from the S.
My dealer, Sportland in Urbana, IL, has a K13S in stock and has sold a couple since Summer, but I haven't decided what to do about a new K13S yet since I just bought a new bike.

Back