• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Perhap it would make sense to expand NC April event...

davidrossi

Greetings. I just tried to sign up for the NC event the end of the month. MOA informed me it has been fully booked for some time. Well, perhaps it would make sense to expand this event, if not this year then going forward. I am new to MOA and live here in NC. Dissapointing.

Dave

Hello Dave! Thanks for being a member!

The Weekend Getaway events were designed to be smaller hotel/motel based regional activities. The maximum number of 100-150 attendees is determined by the hotel's ability to host both the Friday welcome reception and the Saturday banquet dinner. These events have proven to be very popular and sell out quickly. Watch the web page for information on the fall events.

MOA is in the process of expanding the number of Weekend Getaways offered in 2015 with many being announced in January 2015.

Greetings. I just tried to sign up for the NC event the end of the month. MOA informed me it has been fully booked for some time. Well, perhaps it would make sense to expand this event, if not this year then going forward. I am new to MOA and live here in NC. Dissapointing.

Dave

Dave, Why not check out the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia's Georgia Mountain Rally over the May 2nd to 4th weekend? All are welcome. This well-established event is in its 24th year. It is the traditional way that many BMW owners start their riding season in the area. It is recognized as one of the finest rallies in the southeast and attracts 500 riders or so every year. Very full program, good food, great draw prizes, and a wealth of camaraderie. If camping in not your thing there are a lot of alternative accommodations including a special deal with the local Holiday Inn. Check out details under the Georgia Mountain Rally menu tab here: http://www.bmwmcoga.org/

Last edited:

Dave

As Mark said above, the GA Rally in Hiawassee is just a few weeks after the NC Weekend and as know has access to the same fine riding area. If your not a camper (I am not), then there are 3 hotels (with Rally discounts) within 1 mile of the Rally site. Just a thought.

Thanks, I will look at attending the Georgia rally.

Hopefully this one isn't limited like the NC rally. I wonder how many of the same folks attend the NC rally each year. Perhaps a better approach is to make it open and more folks will have an opportunity to attend. Just a thought.

As Mark said above, the GA Rally in Hiawassee is just one week after the NC Weekend and as know has access to the same fine riding area. If your not a camper (I am not), then there are 3 hotels (with Rally discounts) within 1 mile of the Rally site. Just a thought.

Fixed :bluduh

Hopefully this one isn't limited like the NC rally. I wonder how many of the same folks attend the NC rally each year. Perhaps a better approach is to make it open and more folks will have an opportunity to attend. Just a thought.

Dave,

The GMR is open, and open to all.

No restrictions.

In its 24th year the, the GMR is well-established and known to cater to a wide range of tastes. This why it routinely attracts 500 or so riders from as far afield as the Pacific Northwest, Mexico and Canada.

Of course, for many the attraction is the fact that the GMR is perfectly situated, and has programs purposely designed, to cater to both road and dual-sport riders. Typically 40% of bikes are dual-sport, 40% touring/sport touring, and 20% naked/sport.

Also, if tent or RV camping does not appeal, there are more than ten hotel, motel and cabin resorts in the immediate area, and there is wide range of off-site dining options nearby that provide variety.

Further, while the event is dominated by BMWs about 15% of the bikes around will be from the likes of Aprilia, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Husqvarna, Kawasaki, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Suzuki , Triumph, and Yamaha.

The Fontana event may have its attraction, but to my mind there is no doubt that the GMR is the established crown jewel of early season BMW-themed events in the Southeast.

Back