• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post pictures of fun you had this summer on your bmw:

White Rim Trail, Utah

Not many street bikes out here.

Attachments

• The Edge, WRT (Medium).JPG
    The Edge, WRT (Medium).JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 381
8 states, 7 great lakes, 3 ferries, 70 years

I rode from Wisconsin to Vermont and back in June, along all five Great Lakes plus Champlain. Went across Lakes Huron, Champlain and Michigan on ferryboats, and made a stop in Lake Placid, where my parents had gone on vacation 70 years earlier.

Attachments

• 70 years apart Lake Placid.jpg
    70 years apart Lake Placid.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 372
Last edited:
antaeas, what a great photo. That is really cool.

I did Lake Champlain with my parents for years as a child...afraid to go back and see what it has become.

Once again, great picture.

Black Canyon of the Gunnison - Paonia, CO Rally

With my good friend Troy.

Attachments

• BlackCanyonGunnisonJul07.jpg
    BlackCanyonGunnisonJul07.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 354
Lake Champlain

... I did Lake Champlain with my parents for years as a child...afraid to go back and see what it has become. ...

I've been going there a long time, too. It still looked great to me in June. Here's a pic of Artie on the Essex Ferry

Attachments

• DSCN0041.jpg
    DSCN0041.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 464
Solo ride up to Point Reyes National Seashore. The movie "The Birds" was filmed near here ...
_MG_2835.jpg

Got to see Tule Elk at the Elk Reserve, also.
_MG_2947.jpg

The bikes not in this one but...... with the repsol girls at Laguna Seca I'm the short fat one in the middle:wave

Attachments

• Copy (1) of repsol girlssmall.jpg
    Copy (1) of repsol girlssmall.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 517
The bike is stowed below and the ship is moving at about 42 knots. Portland, ME has dropped out of sight and Yarmouth, Nova Scotia will not appear for another 3 hours. What to do?

• Read a book?
  • Shop in duty free stores?
  • Scan for whales?
  • Take a nap?
Nah ... !

0823SaltyFog057s2.jpg

Just another part of the Salty Fog adventure on Cape Breton - An Adventure For The Rest Of Us.

LoveSaltyFogbutton.jpg

Grandbabe

I rode to Boulder, CO for the birth of my grand daughter. She arrived on Sept. 17th, and is adorable, of course.

Now the trick is to get the bike back to ON before it gets too cold.

Holly

Attachments

• Evie2.jpg
    Evie2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 530
My lovely wife brushing her hair while we go shopping in Osage Beach, MO, where the CCR was held this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0809.JPG
    IMG_0809.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 501
Every fall I try to take a 4 day weekend and tour the Black Hills. The colors in early October are beautiful, and the riding is incredible. This year I was able to hook up with my son Colin and Barry (mrmaico on this forum) for some fantastic riding.

Following Barry and Colin down Iron Mountain road:
203316508-L.jpg

Stopping to enjoy the colors:
203314665-L.jpg

I couldn't agree more Rich, it was the perfect time to be riding the Hills.
The pictures don't really do justice to the colors though. Thanks again
for getting the "on the fly" shots.

Barry

203753239-L.jpg

203753168-L.jpg

fun this summer

Do RS guys really have more fun?

213521438-M.jpg

With Sarah at the Stanley Stomp. Father Bob, a DA, keeps a close watch on the proceedings.

Rinty

Back