• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Results - Dec '11 Member Survey-Rally & Events

I will keep my eyes out for those limbs.

I've attended many BOD meetings. Each member is on several committees and they have multiple conference calls between each meeting. They are doing a lot more than making changes to the by-laws.

If you e-mail them at Board@bmwmoa.org and don't get a reply, I would be surprised and I would also call Greg (phone number in the ON) and ask why.

Perhaps we will meet up in Asheville.:wave

Who would have picked Destin, FL for a summer motorcycle rally?

I would have... :wave

I researched several locations in Florida and other coastal areas throughout the southeast, but these areas have been judged as "too hot" in July. :ha

whatevah!!!

...heavily snipped...

Also if the BOD doesn't monitor what is being said on their on site then I'd say there something wrong with that too!

...heavily snipped...

FWIW as a side bar. The forum has never been a formal tool for communication between the BoD and the membership. This is a combination of the intended forum purpose, by-laws in place at the time and a cultural norm that developed as the forum itself developed. The corporate entity called the BoD is not required to monitor the forum and really can not effectively engage in a conversation on the forum. Individual members of the BoD do monitor the forum as their life and interests permit. When they post and engage in forum discussions they do so as individual members and our peers. The moderating team has always allowed wide latitude for comments and observations about the BoD corporate entity while defending and holding accountable individual BoD members as they participate as forum peers.

Conversely the forum's purpose of being a member meeting place to discuss and debate the MOA issues of the day by membership is often forgotten. It is a place to whine , complain and get it out of our psyche. It also is a place where ideas can be put out as trial balloons, vetted and gather support.

Last edited:
I would have... :wave

I researched several locations in Florida and other coastal areas throughout the southeast, but these areas have been judged as "too hot" in July. :ha

whatevah!!!

Same here!

Considering the temps we've 'enjoyed' in Bloomsburg and Sedalia, I'd be the first bike thru the gate at a Florida Rally site.

The Sunshine State deserves more respect. :usa

While I think FL has great possibilities for a spring rally or a late fall rally it is otherwise not among the better places to ride overall. It's flat! It is in fact hot, particularly in certain months. It can have a heavy snowbird or tourist burden on roads & lodging/camping. We go there for a bit in the winter for state pks & to fish & it is nigh on impossible to get a campsite! I have done the get on your computer to the hour! eleven months prior to arrival & still campsites are taken. Sure if you go to a non beach area in the heat of summer, but then your back to my point-why go to FL in the summer?

I agree about FL. However, I like those KY twistys. I did the Lap of Kentucky with the new Harley/BMW dealer in Louisville, and then the KHCR with the I-BMW group based at Lure Lodge on Lake Cumberland, GREAT roads! I'll go back for both rides.
Ride Safe,
Robert

While I think FL has great possibilities for a spring rally or a late fall rally it is otherwise not among the better places to ride overall. It's flat! It is in fact hot, particularly in certain months. It can have a heavy snowbird or tourist burden on roads & lodging/camping. We go there for a bit in the winter for state pks & to fish & it is nigh on impossible to get a campsite! I have done the get on your computer to the hour! eleven months prior to arrival & still campsites are taken. Sure if you go to a non beach area in the heat of summer, but then your back to my point-why go to FL in the summer?

FWIW as a side bar. The forum has never been a formal tool for communication between the BoD and the membership. This is a combination of the intended forum purpose, by-laws in place at the time and a cultural norm that developed as the forum itself developed. The corporate entity called the BoD is not required to monitor the forum and really can not effectively engage in a conversation on the forum. Individual members of the BoD do monitor the forum as their life and interests permit. When they post and engage in forum discussions they do so as individual members and our peers. The moderating team has always allowed wide latitude for comments and observations about the BoD corporate entity while defending and holding accountable individual BoD members as they participate as forum peers.

Conversely the forum's purpose of being a member meeting place to discuss and debate the MOA issues of the day by membership is often forgotten. It is a place to whine , complain and get it out of our psyche. It also is a place where ideas can be put out as trial balloons, vetted and gather support.

Very well said by one of the senior forum members who has been here from the beginning! :thumb

It helps to have that perspective so well articulated so that newer members understand how this forum operates.

Thanks.

Back