• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW Venting Jacket

I picked one up at Sedalia.

I wore a comfort shell with cooling vest down to the rally from Toronto. Worked well stayed cool for 2-3hrs. The CS was nice when we hit rain but I didn't close the vents I welcomed the rain.

Rode back to Toronto with cooling vest and new venting Jacket.

I love the venting jacket, soft and flexible I can fold and will tuck in almost anywhere.
The armor feels nice not to stiff, but not Rukka soft. The new black material does seem to reflect the heat and it vents GREAT.

Did lose some cooling time with the vest, good for about 1-2 hrs. As expected.

Over all the jacket is typical BMW quality, the fit is great and very comfortable and it vents very well. I can see the main zipper maybe an issue in time as with most BMW jackets.

Rode BMW R1150RT.
Cooling Vest old style soak in water.

Cheers

Shawn

Just got one also.

What I like:
Very good fit and comfortable. I like a tighter fit for this kind of jacket - no material flapping in the wind.
Quality seems very good.
I will wear this jacket every chance I get until weather turns colder.

Improvements:
I wish it would vent some out the back. The back protector is large and I found myself sweating under the protector. If it had some small holes out the back would help, but there is no mesh on the back.
High vis reflective material. But I could probably still add that.

Cost - well, I know there are cheaper mesh jackets out there. However, my other BMW jacket is now 14 years old and is holding up very well.

Does the venting jacket have the coldblack coating that the airflow:wow has?

I do not believe it does. No mention of it anywhere on BMW's website or the jackets tags.

Just completed about 2,000 mile multi day ride mostly in Colorado. What worked really well was to wear my Gerbings heated jacket underneath the venting jacket as a liner for the cool mornings, take off the Gerbings when it got warm. Or turn on the Gerbings when it got too cold on the mountain passes.

I do not believe it does. No mention of it anywhere on BMW's website or the jackets tags.

Just completed about 2,000 mile multi day ride mostly in Colorado. What worked really well was to wear my Gerbings heated jacket underneath the venting jacket as a liner for the cool mornings, take off the Gerbings when it got warm. Or turn on the Gerbings when it got too cold on the mountain passes.

BMW's two-piece rainsuit is ideal for stopping the "venting." When it's cold, I use both, i.e. the rainsuit on top and the Gerbings underneath ... with my Airflow suit.

Back